El Amal Rehabilitation Society – Rafah (ERSR) is a civil non-profit organization established in 1991 with Ministry of Interior registration number 5058. Our society is NGO leader working with distinction in the field of rehabilitation , development, education, health, culture, training in order to ensure a better life for marginalized groups, especially the deaf and enhance their capabilities based on qualified professional that use better techniques to build a generation capable of contributing to the building society , it also aspire to distinctive and active participation in building a civil society in which deaf people enjoy full rights in the Palestinian society .
Therefore a partnership agreement with Handicap International, runs projects under its operating name “Humanity & Inclusion” was developed in order to implement the project entitled “Addressing urgent injury care and rehabilitation needs of the causalities of border clashes (March of Return) in the Gaza Strip”, funded by center de crisis CDC- France and United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs OCHA under the Trust Fund For Disaster Relief (sub-account for the oPt Humanitarian Fund). The project aims at mitigating the outset of physical disabilities due to injuries as a result of the March of Return demonstrations through provision of critical and lifesaving injury care and multi-disciplinary rehabilitation services for children and adults in order to maintain and/or develop best functional abilities possible and consecutive inclusion in family and community life.
ERS is currently looking for a qualified candidate to fill the position of Psychologist (PSS)
Duty Station/ Location: Rafah Governorate.
Duration: 3 months, with possibility of extension upon availability of fund.
Starting Date: 24th February, 2019
Under the supervision of ERS Project Coordinator, the Psychologist will work in ERS in order to provide psychological support services, and fulfill the following responsibilities :
Main duties and Responsibilities:
- Be present at ERS to assess mental functions, emotional status and social development of Persons with Injuries PwIs, to determine the level and the type of cognition, perception and behavior deficiency as well as the strength and capacities, to assess their social environment and their social interactions.
- Design individual and group psychological support sessions and / or interventions that would contribute to the evolving capacities of PwIs to the realization of the dignified life of them.
- Coordinate the other center-based team members in setting up the intervention / therapy plan for the PwIs, and other vulnerable groups in a multidisciplinary approach.
- Coordinate with groups of PwIs and facilitate their implementation to psychological support peer to peer sessions.
- Participate in the technical trainings that HI will conduct in order to improve the team members’ intervention quality with PwIs.
- Respect and implement the quality criteria system that will be trained on by HI during working with PwIs.
- Report to ERS using the agreed monitoring tools and reports forms on daily/weekly/monthly and quarterly basis.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- University degree in psychology, with at least 4 years of work experience.
- Proven advanced knowledge and experience in implementing psychosocial support services at community level, preferably with PwDs and PwIs.
- Ability to contribute and work within a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Open and flexible.
- Experience in training, monitoring and evaluation.
- Strong command of English and Arabic languages (both written and spoken).
- Computer skills (Word, PowerPoint…).
Interested candidates may send their CV and a motivation letter to [email protected] no later than Wednesday , 27th Feb, 2019.
Please include the job title as Psychologist in the subject line of your application e-mail.
Only applicants live in Khan Younis and Rafah are eligible to apply.
ERS and HI are equal opportunity employers and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities PwDs.
Recently, HI in collaboration with its partners partners delivered a training course on Emergency Preparedness and Humanitarian Response for 250 selected volunteers, of those in particular are highly welcome to apply.