OT Nurse (DAILY WORKER POOL)
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF-France is currently seeking to hire three (3) daily workers for occasional replacements for its OT Nurse pool in Gaza.
Main Responsibilities of the position:
- Ensure the preparation of the material and equipment (checking the quantity and quality), in the OT and carry-out the reception, transport of the patient from the preparation room to the OT and ensuring his/her installation for surgery.
- Assist the surgeon and anaesthetist during the operation, anticipating their needs, in order to facilitate their job and helping throughout the whole process.
- Checks vital parameters of the patient with the nurse anaesthetist
- Organize the patient’s transport and installation from the operating theatre to the recovery room and carry-out and/or supervise all the post-operative activities (used material collection, OT’s cleaning and disinfection, resetting all equipment and material back), in order to prepare the OT for next surgical intervention or any emergency.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Nursing diploma with specialization as a theatre nurse essential. Desired Bachelor in science of Nursing
- Preferred 2 years’ experience in OT
- Experience in trauma and burn is a plus
- Language skills: Arabic and English
- Computer literacy
- Interpersonal skills and good communication skills a must.
- Ability to work under pressure and show good commitment
Eligible applicants please send a cover letter and CV in English as well as a copy of your diplomas/certificates. If you apply via email, please make sure all your documents are in PDF, Word or JPEG format, other formats will not be considered valid. CVs won’t be returned, and only successful candidates will be contacted for the interview and practical evaluation.
Applications should be send by e-mail to [email protected]
The subject of the email should clearly state: Job application- OT Nurse.
You can also send us your application in the dedicated mailbox at MSF Office (A Husseini Street, near El Wehda Street, Gaza City), mentioning “OT Nurse” on the application
Deadline for applications: Thursday, 12th August by 17:00