مؤسـسة أطباء بلا حدود- فرنسا
Orthopaedic Surgeon (Gaza)
Médecins Sans Frontières “Doctors without Borders” is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF-France is currently seeking to hire an Orthopaedic Surgeon to provide orthopaedic surgery to victims of violence requiring minor reconstructive, orthoplastic or osteomyelitis treatment in Gaza.
This position will initially be contracted for six months, renewable based on needs and activities.
- Carry out emergency and programmed surgical intervention following MSF protocols and policies, ensuring appropriate use of surgical equipment and proper registry entry/documentation of all OT interventions
- Collaborate with other orthopaedic and plastic surgeons within the project during regular multidisciplinary team meetings to decide on best course of treatment for patients with complex injuries (Flap procedures, amputation, referrals etc.)
- Co-ordinate with other MSF sections and local actors (MoH, NGOs, INGOs) to ensure patients receive the best care possible in the most suitable location
- Support the team in identifying patients that meet the referral criteria for MSF reconstructive surgery programme in Amman and ensuring they are entered into the referral process
- Support MSF surgery programme during times of escalation/adaptation of activities
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Medical Doctor Degree, Board Certification in Orthopaedic surgery essential
- Significant experience in performing orthopaedic surgery independently with documented evidence of such experience essential; NGO experience desirable
- Excellent English essential
- Computer literacy essential
- Flexibility, teamwork, excellent organisational skills
IMPORTANT : This application requires a specific CV format. If you are an eligible applicant, please come to the MSF Office to collect the CV format which you will subsequently have to fill in and submit by the deadline.
Please submit ALL of the following:
- CV in the format provided by MSF, which you have to collect at our office prior to submitting your application
- Cover letter in English and copy of relevant diplomas and work certificates.
Please write Orthopaedic Surgeon on your application or it will not be considered. CVs will not be returned and incomplete applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. To MSF Office (A Husseini Street, near El Wehda Street, Gaza City).
The deadline for submitting applications is : Friday, 1st March, 2019 at 16:00
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply