About Human Appeal
Here at Human Appeal we have an exciting opportunity for Orphans & Child Welfare Officer in Human Appeal UK- Palestine office – Gaza. This is a 12-month local fixed term contract, with potential for extended. You will be reporting to Senior Programmes Coordinator.
Human Appeal is a non-profit organisation working across the globe to strengthen humanity’s fight against poverty, social injustice and natural disaster. Through the provision of immediate relief and the establishment of self-sustaining development programmes, we aim to invest in real, effective solutions.
We work year-round to establish healthcare, water and sanitation- WASH, education, and livelihood programmes that pave the way for empowered, self-serving communities. We also provide food, medical aid, and disaster relief during emergencies, a critical intervention that saves lives.
- The position will facilitate the Program Manager/Coordinator to implement OCW programm according to developed manual. He/She is responsible for end to end smooth execution of operations related to orphan sponsorship procedures and community mobilization in direct interaction with communities, schools, families and child, as well as capacity building of communities.
- The position holder will ensure that rights of children, including child protection are ensured and adhered at all times
- This position will support the programmes department with needs over the orphans to design proper intervention with consideration to child protection minimum standards and SOPs.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- End to end sponsorship procedures are smoothly executed at community, family level as per guidelines.
- Ensure that each child/ family is well aware of sponsorship related procedures for smooth operations and collection of data, and an agreement is signed with them.
- Ensure all data related to sponsorship including photos, letters, and communication, reporting of death cases, cancellation, graduation etc. is well planned & well executed in close collaboration with supervisor.
- Ensure 100% Orphans’ visits twice a year as per OWCP commitments.
- Ensure annual reporting and data update is planned and executed as per the SOPs.
- Ensure proper record about sponsorship at SC/family, school, community and office level-data based system is also updated.
- Ensure identification and assessment of new cases/orphans for sponsorship and their proper data management and tracking once get sponsored.
- Ensure disbursements to orphan families as per schedule and facilitation in case of quarries/issues.
- Ensure community volunteers are identified as per criteria, and an agreement is signed for details of their services with dos and don’ts.
Social Mobilization of Communities/ individuals and engagement with other thematic program areas:
- Ensure end to end smooth community mobilization at community level and facilitate communities in developing their development plans as reference.
- Ensure maximum participation of community, especially sponsored child, families, men and women in different thematic programs
- Ensure community forums or CBOs understand role of HA-Palestine in changing their lives through OCWP and community development approach.
- Facilitate each committee/forum/organization formation on core principles of volunteerism, and build their capacities as activists/change agents for their community development.
- Liaison with local Government departments and the community as and when required to ensure that HA-Palestine work is acknowledged.
- Provide facilitation in implementation and monitoring of HA-Palestine Programs i.e. special requests, Ramadan Packages, Health, Education, Livelihood, and WASH.
- Ensure to bridging the gap between communities, families and children’s and technical officer/program Manager.
- Ensure complete community profiles and situation analysis is filed in community files and available for reference anytime.
- Conduct referrals for those orphans to specialized service providers when needed.
- Possible gaps in sponsorship data recording or management.
- Community organizations are not active or capacitated enough to deliver as per expectation.
- Security and access in high risk areas and far flung areas
- Loss of HA creditability due to delays in payments, follow ups with families etc.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Experience and Technical Competencies
- Bachelor degree in social sciences or any related field.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in the social mobilization/sponsorship, ideally in NGOs. Experience with INGOs is an asset.
- Proven knowledge with the child protection themes and SOPs as well as referral pathways
- Professional level using MS Office Suite
- High proficiency and Fluent in English
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills
We are looking to appoint this role ASAP so for the best chance of success please APPLY TODAY!
Please upload your CV and Cover Letter outlining how your experience, skills, qualification and professional background fit with the position requirements
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.