Human Appeal is a faith-based charity that aims to abolish poverty by providing humanitarian aid, sustainable development programmes and championing advocacy for our beneficiaries worldwide. Now over 25 years old, Human Appeal has a presence in 24 countries spanning across 3 continents: Asia, Africa and Europe.
Human Appeal is seeking a qualified candidate to fulfill the following vacancy in Palestine field office – Gaza:
Position Ref.: HA/P/3-2020
The position will facilitate the Programmes Manager/Coordinator to implement OCW programme according to the programme Standard Operating Procedures. He/She is responsible for end to end smooth execution of operations related to orphan sponsorship procedures and community mobilisation in direct interaction with communities, schools, families and child, as well as capacity building of communities.
The position holder will ensure that rights of children, including child protection and safeguarding are ensured and adhered to at all times
- End to end sponsorship procedures are smoothly executed at community, family level as per OCW SOPs.
- Ensure that each child/ family is well aware of sponsorship related procedures for smooth operations and collection of data, and an agreement is signed with them.
- Ensure all data related to sponsorship including photos, letters, and communication, reporting of death cases, cancellation, graduation etc. is well planned & well executed in close collaboration with supervisor and implementing partners.
- To collect and review reports from OCW partners and submit quality repots to HQ.
- Ensure that all sponsored orphans are visited at least twice a year, as per OWCP commitments.
- Ensure annual reporting and data update is planned and executed as per the SOPs.
- Ensure proper records of sponsorship at SC/family, school, community and office level-data based system is also updated.
- Ensure identification and assessment of new cases/orphans for sponsorship in coordination with local partners, and their proper data management and tracking once get sponsored.
- Ensure disbursements to orphan families as per schedule and facilitation in case of quarries/issues.
- Ensure community volunteers are identified as per criteria, and an agreement is signed for details of their services with do’s and don’ts
Social Mobilisation of Communities/ individuals and engagement with other thematic program areas:
- Ensure end to end smooth community mobilisation at community level and facilitate communities in developing their development plans as reference.
- Ensure maximum participation of community, especially sponsored child, families, men and women in different thematic programmes
- Ensure community forums or CBOs understand role of HA Palestine in changing their lives through OCWP and community development approach.
- Facilitate each committee/forum/organisation formation on core principles of volunteerism, and build their capacities as activists/change agents for their community development.
- Liaison with local and international governmental and non-governmental bodies and the community, as and when required, to ensure that HA Palestine work is acknowledged.
- Support the implementation and monitoring of HA Palestine thematic programmes i.e. WASH, Health, Livelihoods or/and seasonal programmes such as Ramadan, Qurbani and winter projects
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Experience and Technical Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, development studies or any related field
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in the social mobilisation/sponsorship.
- Experience in safeguarding, child protection in humanitarian setting.
- Experience of programme cycle management preferably within an international NGO environment.
- Professional level using MS Office Suite, especially MS Excel.
- High proficiency and Fluent in English, Arabic is an asset
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills
This would be an ideal role for an experienced OCW Officer looking to make a difference in a rewarding role within the Charity Sector!
We are looking to appoint this role ASAP so for the best chance of success please APPLY TODAY!
Please upload your CV and Cover Letter in the link outlining how your experience, skills, qualification and professional background fit with the position requirements (maximum one page). no later than 16 December 2020, 23:55pm
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.