ORPH Project Officer
CONTEXT AND BACKGROUND
Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intents to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender. SIF Palestine Mission was established in 2008 and since then, it has set up many concrete activities in order to help in a large scale and developed a comprehensive knowledge of the local context and understanding of local needs.
ROLE IN THE ORGANIZATION
The ORPH Project Officer is under the supervision of Protection & Orphans Welfare Projects Manager, responsible for the correct implementation of Orphans Sponsorship project as well as having the responsibility of the translators’ team under him/her. He/she will be responsible for:
Supervision of the implementation of projects activities:
- Provide the technical follow-up for the day-to-day activities of the Orphans Sponsorship Project;
- Prepare detailed and effective action plan for the project;
- Ensure all the project’s activities are implemented in a timely manner and according to SIF rules and regulations;
- Coordinate the project’s activities with other entities involved in the same type/s of activities, as required;
- Follow up project logistical needs (equipment, tools and stationary).
Projects team management:
- Supervise the team of translators and coordinate their efforts to produce quality reports;
- Manage the Project Assistant.
Monitoring and evaluation of the project:
- Identify and collect information for case studies; in addition to writing and preparing success stories;
- Assist in the monitoring and evaluation of the Orphans Sponsorship Project;
- Compile, analyze and build on past experiences in order to share the lessons learnt;
- Review and approve project visibility materials destined for an external audience, ensuring compliance with SIF values and requirements;
- Maintain photo documentation for all key activities.
Reporting and project analysis:
- Assist the Protection & ORPH Welfare Projects Manager in preparing progress, final and any other reports related to the project, as requested;
- Perform any other duties related as may be assigned.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
- A Bachelor degree from an accredited university or its equivalent in Business Administration, or related fields and equivalent work experience;
- At least 3 years experiences in the related field, preferably in INGOs;
- Data collection, analysis and synthesis skills;
- Management and reporting skills;
- Excellent communication skills and flexibility;
- Knowledge of conceptual tools (e.g. logical framework);
- Excellent written and spoken Arabic & English, French is a plus;
- Very good computer skills: MS Office (especially Word and Excel);
- Ability to lead and participate in teams but also to work independently;
- Ability to travel frequently and under the particular travel requirements of the assignment.
Humble and flexible, capacity to prioritize, sense of responsibilities and coordination skills, very good interpersonal skills, patient and ready to listen to people, open-minded and collective approach and strong humanitarian motivation.
- Location: Gaza Strip
- Duration: 1 year (renewable)
- Starting Date: As Soon As Possible
- ORPH Project Officer: (Ref #:2023/06/ORPHPO)
Interested candidates are requested to send the followings:
- Their CV;
- Letter of Motivation with Ref. # of the post (as indicated above);
- Two professional references for the last two employers with their contacts’ information.
All above documents should be sent not later than 02:00 p.m. on 9th October 2023 to the following e-mail address:
Faxed CV’s or emails without the Post Title & Ref # will be neglected. Only candidates possessing relevant experiences will be shortlisted.
Secours Islamique France is an equal opportunity employer
SIF commits to respect the “Do no harm” humanitarian principle and ensure child safety is paramount in all its activities. SIF implements a Child Safeguarding Policy (CSP) at headquarters and in every mission. We do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with vulnerable people, in particular with children join our organization.
This position is subject to a range of vetting checks including criminal records disclosure and reference checks. We have zero tolerance for harmful practices and will take any allegation or report of child abuse very seriously.