Terms of reference
Organizational Development Consultant – service provider
Project: " Promoting the inclusion and access of girls and boys with Disabilities to gender and disability sensitive inclusive education in the emergency context of West Bank and Gaza”
Project: “Equal Opportunities to Education - Equitable access to education for children with disabilities in Palestine”
About Handicap international
HANDICAP INTERNATIONAL runs its projects under its operating name Humanity and inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial international aid organization working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside people with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights. HI is currently implementing projects in more than 60 countries worldwide, including Palestine.
HI in Occupied Palestinian Territory (OPT):
Since 1996, HI has implemented various actions with local partners in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip. In a territory beset by chronic crises, political instability, and a declining economic and social situation since the second intifada in 2000, HI aims to respond to the needs of persons with disabilities and to make structural improvements to their lives.
1.3 Presentation of the project within which the consultancy will take place
The project of " Promoting the inclusion and access of girls and boys with Disabilities to gender and disability sensitive inclusive education in the emergency context of West Bank and Gaza” is targeting Children with Disabilities to promote their access to basic educational services in their schools. Under the project expected result 3: Enhanced capacity and coordination of education actors (education directorates, special and mainstream schools) to provide gender and disability positive formal and non-formal education services, from pre-primary to the end of primary education, in the Gaza Strip and West Bank.
1.4 Disability and people with disabilities’ situation in the country/area where the consultancy will take place
In general, the humanitarian situation in Gaza is very concerning, especially when it comes to the children and persons with disabilities as one of the most vulnerable groups. By Dec, 2016, 63.2% out of 56,310 children with disabilities reported about their needs for psychosocial support services besides the challenges that children with disabilities in Gaza are already facing regarding access to essential services such as education, health care, psychosocial support and rehabilitation. Based on the narrow definition of disability, 2.1% of the population in Palestine is with disability, 52% is in Gaza and 22% is children. According to the Independent Commission for Human Rights (ICHR) noted in its 20th Annual Report that students with disabilities in primary education accounted are only 0.3 percent of the total number of 530,000 registered children in basic and secondary education in the Gaza Strip who are receiving their educational services by UNRWA and MoEHE.
Description of the required tasks
The main objective is to support the three partner organizations to conduct an organizational development self-assessment and develop/Implement action plans focusing on fundraising based on a participatory approach. The consultant will provide his/her services during trainings, field visits, and will provide coaching and technical support to partners on regular basis, for a period from mid-March 2021 to July 2021.
Scope of Work
The consultant will support partners to assess their organizational performance, to identify problems, analyze them to identify areas of improvement, specific needs and priorities. The self-assessment must take in consideration the differences between the three partners. It should support identifying the changes required at the different organizational levels, and should provide information on current strategies and performance related to their strategic plan, organizational structure, operational capacities, development management, financial management/capacities, relationships capacities, organizational climate and culture, conflict management and employees’ commitment. This in line with the size and function of the targeted partner and wherever it applicable based on validation of HI team.
Based on the result of the self-assessment the consultant will support partners to develop SMART organizational action plan focusing on fundraising and to enhance their performance, monitoring and evaluation system. The action plan should be in line with the mandate and roles of partners.
The SMART action plan should include identification of the needs and priorities, concrete planning with well-defined roles and responsibilities, the support needed, potential resources, clear actions need to be taken, and the needed budget to implement it.
The Consultant will follow the 3 partners implementation of their organizational development action plan and will provide the technical support and recommendations as needed to them and HI project team, taking into consideration the potential constrains.
3.1 Targeted partners
- Palestine Avenir for Childhood Foundation (PACF), Gaza
- Al-Maghazi Community Rehabilitation Society (MCRS), Maghazi
- El-Amal for Rehabilitation Society (ERS), Rafah
- Expected results of the consultancy
- Participatory organizational self-assessment and action plans for 3 partners, focusing on fundraising, learn the skills of engaging with possible donors – communication, networking, reaching out and writing concept notes.
- Implementation of the SMART action plan by partners with coaching and following up by the consultant.
- 3 funding plans is developed with at least one project proposal with potential donors.
- Partners improved their organizational skills
- The consultant is obliged to achieve the consultancy, activity and sub-activities objectives mentioned in this TOR as well as in annexes attached to the service provision contract.
- Prior to the implementation of the action plan, the OD consultant must submit a clear action plan with clear tasks, objectives, time and responsible persons. The action plan must be validated by HI Project manager, and will be part of the contract annexes.
- Tools and Training package “PPT, templates, Training TOR, Training matrix, training Agenda, evaluation tools, pre/post-evaluation, and self-knowledge evaluation” should be developed by the OD consultant 2 weeks before the implementation and sent to HI Project manager for final validation based on the validated action plan.
- The consultant is going to provide 30 coaching sessions (2-3 hours each) with additional 4-5 sessions when needed.
- Meetings between OD and HI staff will be held on bi-weekly basis
- The coaching sessions should be coordinated with HI and partners in advance “at least 1 weak before”
- The OD consultant must provide OD consultancy coaching sessions for each of partners with clear time, date, responsible persons, and objectives for each session.
- Coaching sessions report should be submitted to HI and partners after each session with follow up notes.
- The OD consultant must provide OD consultancy services with same consultant whose CVs were sent to HI during the application period. Other options must validate by HI project manager
- Supporting 3 partners to implement self-assessment:
Through the following main actions:
- Implementation of local introduction training to partners senior management and project staff on self-assessment (guidelines, objective, challenges, added value, self-assessment tool and its implementation)
- Implementation of at least 30 coaching sessions (2-3 hours each) to representative of existing partners on self-assessment on organizational development
- Supporting 3 partners to develop SMART organizational development action plans focusing on fundraising
For each objective/ target of the organizational development action plan, the consultant will ensure that performance development indicators, and a timeframe are indicated. Through the following main actions:
- Implementation of a common 5-day Training for partners on general approaches for the development and implementation of organizational action plan based on the results of the self-assessment, the action plan template, monitoring and evaluation system tools.
- Individualized support through at least 30 field visits for DPOs/SHGs/CG for the development of their specific action plan
- Supporting 3 partners to implement the organizational/ development action plans and the development of project proposals.
Through the following main actions:
- Implementation of at least 30 coaching sessions for partners for the implementation of their individualized action plans and the development of funding plan and project proposal.
- Support the review of partners for their organizational performance (based on the assessment reports submitted by partners at the end of their self-assessment and field follow-up visits with recommendations).
- Provide Advices on possible funding opportunities that support partners to fully implement their action plans.
In addition to the objectives already mentioned, the consultant will provide other related technical support to HI partners as required.
- Self-Assessment report for each partner, in both Arabic and English Languages
- Trainings reports in English language
- SMART OD action plan for each partner in both Arabic and English Languages
- Monitoring & evaluation tool for partners performance development progress. in both Arabic and English Languages
- Technical support and coaching monthly report in English language
- Monthly report on the OD Action plan implementation progress report in both Arabic and English Languages
- Final OD report for each partner (based on the assessment reports submitted by partners at the end of their self-assessment and field follow-up visits with recommendations) in both Arabic and English Languages
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Higher Education degree, preferably a master degree in organizational development and /or strategic planning / management development or other related fields.
- Proven technical expertise on organizational assessment and organizational development planning.
- At least five years of relevant work experience with NGO / or INGOs.
- Good background on disability and inclusion.
- Relevant knowledge on gender and protection and their intersections with disability
- Willingness to travel to the field
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and training skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and within a team
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Having positive, innovative, inspirational and problem-solving attitude.
- Excellent command of English language.
- The consultancy service provision contract is for 4.5 months starting from 20th April 2021 until 5st September 2021.
المسمى الوظيفي OD Consultant
آخر موعد للتقديم 08 - Apr - 2021
المكان قطاع غزة
نوع الوظيفة العقود والاستشارات
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية الماجستير
الخبرة 5 Years
Candidates should submit the following information with their application:
- Curriculum vitae of the consultant/team
- A proposal of the detailed implementation plan in accordance with the terms of reference
- A tentative work plan and time schedule
- Technical offer for the consultancy
- Financial offer must be submitted in Shekels that covers all anticipated costs (taxes, transportation, communication, insurance, etc.).
- the advertisement cost on Jobs.ps will be afforded by the service provider;
Complete applications should be sent to:
Handicap International, Gaza: [email protected]
Applications submitted by email should indicate as subject: OD consultant – service provider
Deadline for submission of applications: 8th April 2021
Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Selected applicants may be invited for interview.
“Humanity & inclusion is committed to protect the rights of the children and opposes to all forms of child exploitation and child abuse. HI contractors must commit to protect children against exploitation and abuse”.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة Humanity & Inclusion Palestine
Architect Engineer – Service Provider
رام الله والبيرة
قطاع غزة, القدس, رام الله والب...
رام الله والبيرة
Inclusion Technical Officer
Organizational Development Consultant
Economic Support Technical Officer
Protection Technical Officer
رام الله والبيرة
16, Nov, 2020
Human Resources Officer
5, Nov, 2020