Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières France
Operational Research Focal Point
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
Starting date : 14/04/2022
No of Jobs : 1 Full Time
Working Hours : from Sunday to Thursday 08:00-16:30
Contract Duration: 6 months contract (with 3 months’ probation period) - possibility of renewal.
Required Travel : No travel will be required but mobility across Gaza can be requested based on operational need.
- Participate in defining the objectives of operational research, developing research protocols and methodology including patient inclusion criteria, ethical obligation management and data management processes, and identifying the human resources needed to conduct the research in order to obtain relevant information for the medical intervention.
- With support from the MedCo, coordinating the planning and execution of the research, regionally, intersectionally and with partners where relevant, ensuring compliance to MSF operational research procedures and ethics conditions, including drafting concept notes, implementing robust consent procedures, following up and coordinating with clinical researchers.
- Reviewing data collection and undertaking analysis as appropriate, reporting on a regular basis to the functional referent about study progress and any relevant information for the mission/project. Writes a clear research report documenting the full methods and results and draws appropriate conclusions supported by the results. Where appropriate, participating in writing scientific papers.
- Ensuring dissemination of findings to the community as described in the study protocol
- Will support the Gaza medical department and to define and prioritize the operational research activities, with a view to supporting the development of 2 to 3 concept notes and studies per annum.
- To work with regional researchers, e.g. RSP Amman, OCB, to combine relevant regional information into defined operational research goals.
- To work with qualitative and quantitative methodologies with support from Epicentre to reflect the diverse portfolio in Gaza.
- To potentially also work with Nablus project on PSYCHLOPS study depending on workload.
- Will review and draft operational research study protocols and provide technical and editorial support to the team to comply with MSF and national Ethics Review Board (ERB) requirements for submission for ethical clearance through the appropriate channels.
- Will support advanced data analysis and provide statistical support for ongoing research projects.
- Will conduct visits to the facilities and to the main objects of the research, will discuss research agendas and provide general operational support if needed and relevant.
- Disseminate research findings through reviewed publications and presentations at conferences/workshops and presentation development for Scientific Days/OR days.
- Will be involved with setting up capacity building sessions on operational research
- Together with other members of the team, be directly responsible to regularly update and manage the yearly operational research and documentation agenda
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Education: Degree (or masters) in Epidemiology or Public Health, or MD/paramedical with some proven track record
in statistics or research
Experience: Desible field experience with MSF or other NGOs, reseach expereince is a plus
: Experience in Epidiomology
Languages: Arabic and English essential
Knowledge : Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
: Desirable - knowledge of EpiInfo, SPSS or STATA, or other analytical package
- Results and Quality Orientation L2
- Teamwork and Cooperation L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Stress Management L3
Applicants must show their willingness by submitting an updated CV, Motivation Letter both in English, Diploma and Certifications attached, deadline for the applications is 2 April 2022 at 4:00 pm to the following email address
stating the job title in the subject line:
“Operational Research Focal Point - Gaza Project’
ONLY APPLICATIONS IN ENGLISH AND WITH THE ABOVE MAIL TITLE WILL BE CONSIDERED VALID