Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
In order to support the Country Director of the GIZ Country Office Ramallah in all administrative and organizational matters, GIZ Palestine is currently looking for a full time:
“Office Manager to the Country Director”
Responsibilities and tasks include but are not limited to:
- Performing daily operational of all administrative tasks for the Country Director by
- conducting smooth workflow and good communication flow and treating personal data and other sensitive information strictly confidential
- Supporting CD preparation, implementation in Management Team Meetings (MTM), MTM Klausur, AV Meetings, CD Road Show, Country Planning Meetings, Mid-Term Review and all Staff Meeting
- Organization and implementation of visitor programmes on the CD level
Administrative and office operations
- Organise, coordinate, and plan the Country Director’s schedule and all meetings including regular jour fixe with internal and external colleagues Document the meetings if required and coordinate requirements for the meetings, such as preparatory documents, equipment and hospitalities, together with other involved persons
- Monitor all incoming and outgoing correspondence for the Country Director (phone, post, fax, email) and ensure prioritising and organising each according to urgency and importance and manage general correspondence within the range of her/his duties and responsibilities
- Maintain records for absences of GIZ Management Team
- Support the CD in the official travels including preparing travel application, air ticket, hotel reservation and preparing travel expense documents for the travel department
- Support the CD in the documentation of the staff assessments
- Maintain the various internal Organisational Charts of GIZ Palestine
Supporting CD in preparation, implementation, documentation of Management Team Meetings (MTM), MTM Klausur, AV Meetings, CD Road Show, Country Planning Meetings, Mid-term Review and all Staff Meeting
- Organise and coordinate logistical aspects for planning, holding and documentation of the MTM, MTM Klausur, AV Meeting, CD Road Show and other events
- Provide logistical support to attendees of meetings, workshops and other events
- Prepare the meeting minutes of the MTM, MTM Klausur and AV Meeting
- Supporting CD in preparing presentations for the CD Road Show, Country Planning Meetings, Mid-Term Review and All Staff Meeting
- Organise agenda and follow up, support the monitoring of agreements
Organisation and implementation of visitor programmes on the CD level
- Arrange accommodation for visitors of the Country Director and VIP visitors
- Prepare relevant documents and schedules for VIP visitors and delegations (GIZ, BMZ, German politicians and others; draft programmes, programme leaflets etc.)
- Contact and organize relevant partners in implementing visitor programs
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University degree in office management/administration or similar area
- Excellent knowledge of English and knowledge of German language required
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
- Excellent computer and ICT technologies (in particular MS Word, Outlook, Excel, Teams, internet, phone, fax)
- Fluent in Arabic, Fluent in English (oral and written), good knowledge of German (oral and written) is required
- Strong management and organisational skills
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed
- Known for being discreet and handling information on staff and finances confidentially
Assignment ASAP, 24 months contract with possible extension
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes the Applicant information Form, CV and cover letter, no later than 12th of May 2021 at latest 16:00 PM.
Kindly state in the email subject “Office Manager to the Country Director”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Attachment GIZ applicant information form