Office Manager / Personal Assistant to Managing Director of University of the People عربي
University of The People عربي is seeking a Bilingual (Arabic/English) Office Manager/Personal Assistant to join the team in Ramallah, Palestine. The PA is required to offer full administrative support to the MD and manage Ramallah office environment.
- Provide executive and administrative support to the MD including translation support from English to Arabic and vice versa as
- Manage, coordinate and maintain calendar of MD including appointments, meetings and travel.
- Responsible for organizing of internal and external meetings on behalf of the MD ensuring all necessary requirements are made e.g. meeting venue, equipment, presentations, prepare agendas.
- Drafting and writing high quality outgoing communiques, reports and presentations, as required by the MD. In English & Arabic.
- Manage MD Online Profiles and Presence – specifically LinkedIn and other platforms deemed necessary to support the Public Relations image of UoPeople and the MD
- Responsible for organizing MD travel and logistics including flights, visa requirements, hotel accommodation, car rental, meeting schedules while travelling and completing expenses.
- Monitor and respond to incoming communications (including complaints) to MD’s office including phone calls, emails and walk ins, ensuring correct department distribution.
- DM support for meetings as and when required by the MD, including drafting and circulating meeting agendas, preparing minutes, communicating meeting reminders, confirming venues and arranging refreshments. Writing and distributing comprehensive minutes and action points to all members post meeting.
- Communicating important updates and information to UoPople Central Office as required by MD.
- Structure the UoPeople عربي calendar of events.
- Arrange Office and & leadership events.
- Other tasks assigned by MD as needed to support the MD, rollout and smooth operations of UoPeople عربي
Responsibilities – Office Manager
- Work closely with HR and Central Office staff to ensure that office policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Line Manage administration and support team and vendors – secretarial, janitorial, IT support etc.
- Responsible for Induction of new Office employees; ensuring IT access and equipment is ready,
- Carry out performance appraisals of direct reports and arrange/ or make recommendations for professional development if required
- Managing the Office health, safety and security:
- Office Keys and distribution
- Manage the office environment and overseeing general maintenance of the office
- Manage applicable Office Budget lines and purchases including office expenses, supplies, stationery, Entertainment & Hospitality
- Responsible for management of Office petty cash with the support of the Receptionist
- Ensuring office lease agreements are in place and renewed, and payment raised in a timely manner with accounts department.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Education: University degree or diploma relating to the field, preferred but not essential
- Experience: Minimum 4 years’ experience as Personal Assistant, Office Manager or similar role
Excellent Communication skills – Arabic and English
- Organizational, planning and multi-tasking skills
- Information gathering and information monitoring skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Judgment and decision-making ability
- Professionalism and confidentiality
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Calm character, able to prioritize and ensure smooth execution of tasks
Fluency in English & Arabic– spoken and written
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Maintain high levels of professionalism
- Well organized with an understanding of priorities and changing demands
- Have a professional knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs
Interested applicants must submit their resume to [email protected]. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.