Korea International Cooperation Agency
KOICA Palestine Office
The Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) is a government agency dedicated to providing international development cooperation programs of the Republic of Korea. We are looking for an eligible and qualified professional for the Office Driver and Safety Assistnat position who will be working with us in the Ramallah office.
(More information about KOICA: www.koica.go.kr/english)
Job Title: Office Driver / Safety Assistant
Duty Location: Ramallah
Contract type: One Year, Including three months probation period
(contract will be renewable after an evaluation at the end of the contract term)
Duties & Responsibilities:
In particular, he/she will be responsible for:
- Obtain orders for transporting people (staff members) or things to various locations and ensure that they are carried out correctly.
- Transport people to their destinations, or handle office pick-up duties, and deliver parcels and documents.
- Maintain contact with the dispatch team or team members to ensure that they are made aware of delivery or transport situations.
- Perform both preventative and regular maintenance on assigned vehicles and ensure that proper detailing is performed.
- Safely drive assigned office vehicles by following set rules and regulations.
- Perform daily inspections on all assigned vehicles (diplomatic plate cars): managing the maintenance book record & mileage logbook.
- Ensure that all assigned cars are adequately cleaned and maintained and that any need for repairs is outlined and reported.
- Vehicles refuel, fuel card purchase, and invoice/receipt management.
- Safety updates, including reporting to the Office: Preparing security reports on a daily, weekly & monthly basis
- Responsible for managing all the dues processes for new vehicle registrations, reissuing and updating registration, and vehicle inspection for diplomatic cars.
- Domestic and international shipping companies communication, including the shipping documents management and for Korean staffs’ transfer.
- Managing all logistics for foreign experts & delegations: transport, accommodation both in the Westbank and Israel
- Managing safety plans and supporting staffs in emergencies.
- Collecting local information about relevant office programs.
- Issuing permits & magnetic cards for staff with West Bank ID holders to enter Israel.
- Building up and maintaining a network with relevant entities in staff moving.
- Coordinating office maintenance work and scheduling.
- Managing to get Israeli driving licenses, vehicle registration for Korean staffs.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- East Jerusalem ID holder with a valid Israeli C1 driving license for Five years minimum (Mandatory).
- Minimum Two years of work experience in an international (diplomatic) organization as an office driver (Mandatory): Safety assistant career preferable
- Clean criminal & driving record (Mandatory)
- Must be 30 years old or above (Mandatory).
- Excellent knowledge of vehicle maintenance and repair.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills in English, Arabic and Hebrew.
- Ability to work unexpected extra working hours.
- Excellent knowledge of Israeli & West Bank roads & areas.
- Excellent Knowledge of the current movement control between Israel and the Palestinian Territory.
- High School certificate or equivalent.
- Excellent team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Advanced computer skills (Windows 10, Microsoft Office, etc.)
Five days a week (Monday – Thursday 8:00-16:30, Friday 8:00-14:00), including a one-hour lunch break.
For interested applicants, please send your CV with cover letter and recommendation letters from previous work in English no later than 16:00 Mar 21th 2021, to [email protected]
The Title subject should be: Apply for Security Officer\ Driver (Mr./Ms. `First Name Last Name`)
Example: Apply for Driver / Security Assistant (Mr. Martin Doglas).
Only qualified applicants will be considered, and shortlisted applicants will be informed of the interview.
Salary: Negotiable according to experience