The European Union Border Assistance Mission at the Rafah Crossing Point – code name EUBAM Rafah – was launched on 24 November 2005, to monitor the operations of the border crossing point between the Gaza Strip and Egypt, after Israel and the Palestinian Authority concluded an Agreement on Movement and Access on 15 November 2005. The Council of the European Union welcomed the Agreement and approved that the EU should undertake the third-party role proposed.
The Mission is currently seeking for a candidate to fulfil the position of Office Coordinator to be recruited as soon as possible.
Position reference: O.C
Organizational Unit: EUBAM-RAFAH, Operations Department.
Duty Station: Gaza Strip
Contract Regime: Contracted until 30.06.2024, with possibility of renewal.
Number of Posts: 1.
Duties and responsibilities:
Operations Department at HQ Tel Aviv (OD)
- Co-ordination of the Gaza Field office e.g., deadlines, schedules, office supplies
- Contribute to the daily, weekly, monthly, and six-monthly reports in excellent written English.
- Review the local media and report any information of any interest.
- Communicate any relevant directives/regulations/presidential decrees.
- Ensure the OD is timely and fully informed of any threat or events that could impact the Mission operations or staff security.
- Liaise with international organizations, local authorities, and law enforcement agencies on Mission related issues, in accordance with the instructions of the OD.
- Coordinate with relevant services EUBAM staff entry, exit and coordinate the transport operations in general.
- Keep permanent communication with OD, by any means to deliver regular information regarding situation inside the mission area.
- Support the administrative departments regarding Gaza based related issues, e.g. landlord, maintenance companies, internet provision etc.
- Gather the reports from other colleagues, analyse them and draft a detailed EUBAM Gaza strip report summarizing the received pieces of information before sending it to EUBAM HoM Office for consideration.
Other tasks and Responsibilities
- Undertakes any other tasks as assigned by Head of Operations Department.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Skills and qualifications
- University degree (minimum 3 years of full-time studies) in Interpretation/Translation, International Studies, Political Sciences, or other relevant fields or minimum of 6 years of professional experience as a language assistant, reporting officer or in a coordination role liaising with international organizations and local counterparts after successful completion of secondary education in lieu of the required university degree may be considered.
- Proven reporting skills.
- Practical use of Arabic and English language, spoken and written, preferably in an international and multi-national environment
- Good knowledge of the political and security situation of the Mission Area of Responsibility, and of the local arena
- International experience, particularly from the CSDP or other international missions in crisis areas with multi-national and international organizations desirable.
- Fluency in English and Arabic (spoken, read, written, understood) mandatory.
- Ability to operate Windows and Power Point applications, including Word processing and e-mail and spreadsheets (Excel).
- Good organizational, analytical, research, self-initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to use own initiative and common sense and to act quickly under difficult conditions.
- Ability to establish priorities and to plan and co-ordinate own work.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Highly resilient under mental pressure (stress-resistant) and willingness to work extra hours when required.
- Valid driving license B.
Interested candidates must submit their CV & Cover letter before 29/09/2023 to the email [email protected], please indicate the position reference in the subject line.
The Contracting Authority reserves the right to postpone, modify or cancel the vacancy.