Job title: Occupational Therapist (OT) -Male
EducAid is an Italian NGO working in the Palestinian Territory since 2003.
In the framework of the project "I-CAN: Independence, Capability, Autonomy, iNclusion. Independent Living Center for People with Disabilities in the Gaza Strip "Palestinian Territories - AID 011.496 and in order to complete building its human resources in the Gaza Strip office, EducAid, announces its need to hire an Occupational Therapist (OT) - Male according to the following criteria:
Contract Type: Full Time
Location: Gaza strip
Under the supervision of Project Manager, the Occupational Therapist will work in EducAid in order to conduct assessment of the needs to occupational therapy services, conduct OT sessions, and follow up visits to people with Disabilities and fulfill the following responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess the rehabilitation needs and provide occupational therapy sessions and follow up to people with Disabilities.
- Coordinate with the project team in setting up the intervention / therapy plan to ensure a multidisciplinary approach in services planning and delivery.
- Identify specific needs of assistive devices, write clear and correct prescription, and submit to the project Manager on regular basis.
- Conduct training to assistive devices beneficiaries on how to use it properly.
- Propose to beneficiaries/families/caregivers investments of the environmental resources to contribute to adapting the homes to their specific needs in order to improve their participation in the daily activities of life.
- Meets the PWD's goals and needs and provides quality care by assessing and interpreting evaluations and test results; determining occupational therapy treatment plans.
- Helps PWD's develop or regain physical or mental functioning or adjust to disabilities by implementing programs involving manual arts and crafts, practice in functional, prevocational, vocational, and homemaking skills, activities of daily living, and sensorimotor, educational, recreational, and social activities; directing aides, technicians, and assistants.
- Promotes maximum independence by selecting and constructing therapies according to individual's physical capacity, intelligence level, and interest.
- Evaluates results of occupational therapy by observing, noting, and evaluating PWD's progress; recommending and implementing adjustments and modifications.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects PWD's and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Conduct trainings to families/caregivers of beneficiaries on home basic follow up exercises and ensure OT exercises are implemented after discharge.
- Use the physic-tool resources and share with beneficiaries, their families and caregivers according to their needs.
- Respect and implement the EducAid quality criteria system during working with PWD.
- Report to the project manager using the monitoring tools and reports’ forms on daily weekly/monthly/quarterly basis.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Occupational Therapy
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience, preferably in the rehabilitation of PWDs. / NGOs.
- Ability to conduct individual and group interventions.
- Ability to plan and implement occupation-based assessments and interventions.
- Demonstrate the ability to evaluate information and make effective decisions in relation to PWD care.
- Display effective communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work within a team and independently.
- Proactive problem-solving skills and time management skills.
- Demonstrate commitment to continuing professional development.
- Very positive communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good spoken and written English
- Excellent Computer Skills (Excel, Word)
- Excellent teamwork skills and spirit
- Valid clean driving license is advance
Candidates are invited to fulfill the application form and to attached their CV and motivation letter through the following link: Apply Now
, no later than 29th of July 2021.
People with Disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for all EducAid positions.