مؤسـسة أطباء بلا حدود- فرنسا
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL RECRUITMENT ANNOUNCEMENT
Occupational Therapist in GAZA STRIP (Fixed Term Contract)
Médecins Sans Frontières (“Doctors Without Borders”) is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. In Gaza, MSF France provides surgical and post-operative care to trauma and burn patients.
MSF is recruiting an Occupational Therapist to carry out medical data collection and entry activities into the mission database, recording all relevant clinical and demographic data on patients and ensuring data quality/reliability, according to MSF protocols and maintaining confidentiality while producing the appropriate, updated documents for the medical team in order to support decision making processes.
The Occupational Therapist (OT) works in collaboration with the physiotherapy and medical teams, in outlining goals and plans of treatment: patient regular follow-up and re-evaluation to re-adapt the patient treatment plan, fill regularly the follow-up‘s notes in the files, share their knowledge and participate to workshops about physio/occupational therapy if required by the physio specialist/supervisor/manager.
- Providing occupational therapy treatment to people suffering from paralysis, neurological troubles, burns and trauma, especially on hands, or having undergone surgery, in order to help them to recover the best possible function.
- Providing and ensuring good quality of occupational therapy treatment for Post-Operative patients in clinical settings including assessing the patient physical capacities using different procedures, elaborate and implement programs: exercises, training and education.
- Creating all type of thermoplastic splints, pressure garments, compressive facial mask and any adaptation to autotomize them in the Activities of Daily Life. (ADL exercises, mobility aids)
- Participating to the patient’s inclusion in the society by caring and training him to recover his best function and autonomy, including psycho-social aspects. (Self-care, work, leisure, sleep and spirituality)
- Taking care of assisted equipment including crutches, manage the stock of the equipment bank, in order to insure a continuous availability and quality of service.
- Reducing or managing the pain linked to the injury, evaluate and monitor the pain level, record in the file and make feedback to the doctor, anticipating negative attitudes or correcting harmful positions taken by patients
- Ensuring appropriate waste management and hygiene standards are respected in the clinic.
- Ensuring proper recording of the occupational therapy activity and report to the physio specialist.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Occupational therapist official Degree and practicing license
- Minimum 1 year of experience as an Occupational Therapist and splints fabrication.
- Local language & mission working language (English written and spoken)
- Knowledges of Word, Excel and basic computer skills
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team, under pressure and stress management capacity
- Experience in humanitarian work is an asset. (MSF, NGOs)
START DATE: 15 September 2020
Cover letter & CV in English
and relevant supporting documents must be submitted by email to:
Please state “Application / Occupational Therapist” in the subject line
Application Deadline: Wednesday, 26th August 2020, 1 PM
CVs won’t be returned and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for test and interview.