Position Title: Occupational Therapist (OT/ Full time 100%)
Place: El Amal Rehabilitation Society – Rafah
Reports To: Project Coordinator (PC)
Period: 3 months with possible extension
El Amal Rehabilitation Society – Rafah (ERSR) is a civil non-profit organization established in 1991 with Ministry of Interior registration number 5058. Our society is NGO leader working with distinction in the field of rehabilitation , development, education, health, culture, training in order to ensure a better life for marginalized groups, especially the deaf and enhance their capabilities based on qualified professional that use better techniques to build a generation capable of contributing to the building society , it also aspire to distinctive and active participation in building a civil society in which deaf people enjoy full rights in the Palestinian society .
El Amal in partnership with Campaign for the Children of Palestine “CCP- Japan” organization will start a project entitled " Community Development for Rehabilitation and Reintegration of the Persons with Disabilities or the Other Challenges in Gaza Strip", which is funded by JPF. The project will contribute to promote independence of the persons with disabilities and in need for the treatment, without being left behind from the reconstruction process in Gaza.
S/he will be reporting directly to the PC and work on all program activities.
Main duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess the rehabilitation needs and provide occupational therapy sessions and follow up to persons with disabilities (PWDs).
- Coordinate with the project coordinator and other outreach team members in setting up the intervention / therapy plan for the PWDs to ensure a multidisciplinary approach in services planning and delivery.
- In close coordination with PT, Identify PWDs specific needs of assistive devices and write clear and correct prescription and submit to the project coordinator on regular basis.
- Conduct training to assistive devices beneficiaries on how to use it properly.
- Propose to beneficiaries/families/caregivers' investments of the environmental resources to contribute to adapting the homes to their specific needs in order to improve their participation in the daily activities of life.
- Participate in the technical trainings that CCP will conduct in order to improve the team members’ intervention quality with PWDs and other vulnerable groups.
- Conduct trainings to families/caregivers of beneficiaries on home basic or on PT unit to follow up exercises and ensure OT exercises are implemented after discharge.
- Respect and implement the quality criteria system that will be trained on by CCP during working with PWDs.
- Report to the project coordinator using the monitoring tools and reports’ forms on daily weekly/monthly/quarterly basis.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Academic and Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in Occupational Therapy
- Minimum three years of progressively responsible work experience in the field of occupational therapy and development, significant experience working on humanitarian assistance, similar rehabilitation projects.
- Candidates should obtain profession license from the Ministry of health.
- Good writing and communication skills in both English and Arabic;
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines;
- Proven ability to develop progress reports;
- Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel);
- Demonstrated strengths in relationship management; able to work with diverse groups of people in multicultural, team-oriented environment.
- Understands and works with local contexts (operational and cultural).
- Prefer Candidates living in Rafah and Khanyonis.
How to Apply:
- Qualified candidates can submit the following documents to [email protected]
- The most recent CV including 3 professional contacts as references.
Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email e.g. Occupational Therapist
Deadline for submitting applications 03/05/2020, no later than 02:00 p.m.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please