Position Title: Nurse (Full time 100%)
Place: El Amal Rehabilitation Society – Rafah
Reports To: Project Coordinator (PC)
Period: 3 months with possible extension
El Amal Rehabilitation Society – Rafah (ERSR) is a civil non-profit organization established in 1991 with Ministry of Interior registration number 5058. Our society is NGO leader working with distinction in the field of rehabilitation , development, education, health, culture, training in order to ensure a better life for marginalized groups, especially the deaf and enhance their capabilities based on qualified professional that use better techniques to build a generation capable of contributing to the building society , it also aspire to distinctive and active participation in building a civil society in which deaf people enjoy full rights in the Palestinian society .
El Amal in partnership with Campaign for the Children of Palestine “CCP- Japan” organization will start a project entitled " Community Development for Rehabilitation and Reintegration of the Persons with Disabilities or the Other Challenges in Gaza Strip", which is funded by JPF. The project will contribute to promote independence of the persons with disabilities and in need for the treatment, without being left behind from the reconstruction process in Gaza.
S/he will be reporting directly to the PC and work on all program activities.
Main duties and Responsibilities:
- Help in implementation protocols for the follow up of Operative care for persons with disabilities and others
- Perform wound dressing sessions to project beneficiaries.
- Assess the nursing needs for persons with disabilities and others and report to project coordinator.
- Conduct home visit for persons with disabilities and others to assess the needs and provide support to those who have registered their need for assessment and support purposes.
- Coordinate the other outreach team members in setting up the intervention / therapy plan for the persons with disabilities/ persons with injuries, and other vulnerable groups in a multidisciplinary approach.
- Document data related to patients' care, including assessment results, interventions, medications, patient responses, or treatment changes.
- Treat wounds or superficial lacerations.
- Refer patients for specialty consultations or treatments.
- Instruct individuals, families, or other groups on topics such as health education, disease prevention, or childbirth and develop health improvement programs.
- Prepare sterile instruments, equipment, or supplies and ensure that stock of supplies is maintained.
- Apply infection control protocols, advising or consulting with specified personnel about necessary precautions.
- Participate in the technical trainings that CCP will conduct in order to improve the team members’ intervention quality with persons with disabilities/ persons with injuries.
- Respect and implement the quality criteria system that will be trained on by CCP during working with persons with disabilities/ persons with injuries.
- Report to ERS using the agreed monitoring tools and reports forms on daily/weekly/monthly and quarterly basis.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Academic and Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in nurse, with at least 3 years of professional experiences in working at a mobile clinic/team, PHC center or in an emergency room of a hospital.
- Valid Certificate of practicing the profession from Ministry of Health, and registered as a Nurse
- Work as team player and has flexibility in his/her work
- Ability to contribute and work within a team.
- Strong command of English and Arabic languages (both written and spoken).
- Experience working in humanitarian emergency settings is an asset
- Experience in Surgical Operation Theatre, Orthopedic and Trauma case is an asset
- Good writing and communication skills in both English and Arabic;
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines; also, to develop progress reports;
- Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel);
- Prefer Candidates living in Rafah and Khanyonis.
How to Apply:
- Qualified candidates can submit the following documents to [email protected]
- The most recent CV including 3 professional contacts as references.
Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email e.g. Nurse.
Deadline for submitting applications 03/05/2020, no later than 02:00 p.m.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please