JEST is an NGO that was launched with the goal of planting a seed from which an entrepreneurial community may grow. The concept revolves around a physical hub for existing and aspiring entrepreneurs – from those at the idea stage to those who own companies. Hub services includes technological, financial and marketing consulting and support; strategic planning advice; networking meet-ups, to help to create a rich and effective entrepreneurial/startup ecosystem in East Jerusalem
JEST works on enhancing the number of established startups and speed up the process while creating job opportunities, all the while promoting the culture of innovation and entrepreneurship among East Jerusalem residents.
In a city like Jerusalem with the highest unemployment rate in Palestine, the existence of such an NGO that tries all ways possible to support entrepreneurs to open their own business in the city, helps to reduce the unemployment problem and boast the economic situation in the city.
JEST seeks to hire a full-time Networking and Public Relations officer in its office in Jerusalem
Main responsibilities include:
- Contribute to projects design and proposal writing for local and international donors.
- Enhance networking and foster strategic partnerships with governmental institutions, counterpart local and international NGOs and the private sector.
- Contribute to building and maintaining good relations with donors, partners and communities.
- Develop and implement both fundraising and PR strategies and plans.
- Plan, organize and implement fundraising activities.
- Promote community based involvement through organizing public events and participating in community initiatives.
- Contribute to maintaining JEST social media platforms, design media campaigns and analyses media coverage.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Experience and Qualifications:
- BA degree in Public relations, human rights, development, management, communications, or relevant field.
- At least three years working-experience in an NGO environment
- Experience in fundraising and proposal writing for the non-profit sector.
- Proven track record of successful management of national PR and media campaigns.
- High proficiency in Arabic and English languages, knowledge of Hebrew is an advantage
- Ability and flexibility to work within a team, and under high pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Willingness to work from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm or from 12:00 noon to 8:0 PM
- Residence of East Jerusalem is a must
Interested candidates with relevant experience are encouraged to send their CV and a cover letter (both in English) to [email protected].org
All applications must be received no later than Saturday, 12th October 2019