Médecins Sans Frontières “Doctors Without Borders” is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
Contract: 6 months fixed contract, with probationary period
Location: East Jerusalem (Bearers of Jerusalem ID only)
Being responsible for looking after the welfare of the infant/child (one 7 year old child and one 5 year old child), according to MSF hygiene standards and security rules, strictly observing the daily regimen specified by parents in written or oral instructions
- Taking care of the infant/child during the day and carrying out tasks specified by the parents, following at all times all hygiene standards and security rules. When requested, preparing food and planning their daily activities
- Taking all possible measures to prevent accidents in home/external activity locations. Immediately informing the parents in case of accidents (injuries, falling, intoxication, etc.) and immediately providing the first aid and calling the medical doctor if required. Checking the health of the child (fever, insect bites, injuries, etc.) when called for
- Practicing self-education, learning child development methods and practicing developing games with infants/children based on their age.
- Looking after the cleanliness of the infant/child, including clothes and shoes as well the cleanliness of the room, domestic appliances, toys and other items surrounding the infant/child. When required, ironing child/children’s clothes
- Dressing the infant/child appropriately and taking care of the toilet needs of the child. When applicable, changing diapers regularly and giving a bath during the day and when requested, during the evening
- Using the home and kitchen appliances accurately and carefully to prepare proper meals for the infant/child
- Note: The infant/child should never be left alone including while in the bath. When staying at home while parents are out, child minder should not open the door to unauthorized people
- Accompany the children to and from school, using the tram.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Flexibility in working hours required
Pedagogical education, nursing education an asset
Experience in working with children in child care facilities or in families
Local language and mission language (English) essential
French Language desirable
Knowledge and ability to practice child development activities
Possession of good cultural standards
Commitment to MSF Principles, Behavioural Flexibility, Stress Management, Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation and Service Orientation.
To apply for this vacancy, please send your cover letter, CV, relevant diplomas and work certificates via email to:
No later than 22 August 2023
Please note: Bearers of Jerusalem ID only
Please note that incomplete applications and applications submitted after the deadline will not be taken into consideration.
Only applications in English will be taken into consideration.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.