Rights Respected, People Protected
The Norwegian Refugee Council is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises in 31 countries, where we help save lives, rebuild futures and promote the rights of people who are displaced. We deliver high-quality aid where needs are greatest, in both new and protracted crises.
In Palestine, NRC provides humanitarian assistance and promotes respect for international law in one of the longest-running displacement crises in modern history. In the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and Gaza, NRC’s work includes emergency preparedness and response, education, ICLA, protection, shelter and WASH.
The purpose of the M&E Assistant position is support the NRC Palestine Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) unit in implementing Complaints Feedback Mechanism and M&E Plans that includes data and CFM cases collection, data and CFM cases management, data validation exercises and data and CFM cases analysis.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of data and CFM cases management system through documentation and implementation of standardizes information flow of M&E/CFM activities and reporting
- Assist in developing data collection methodology and tools, and in actual data collection
- Assist program staff and M&E unit with data collection, data validation, data analysis and interpretation
- Ensure that monitoring data are reported in a timely manner to relevant program and managerial staff
- Conduct ad hoc field visits to monitor programme quality, CFM quality, and support programme team in data collection, as relevant
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of accountability system, including complaints and feedback mechanism, as needed
- Assist in providing technical/training sessions for relevant NRC programstaff in relation to M&E and CFM activities and tools, as needed
- Support learning sessions with relevant NRC program staff in relation to M&E and CFM findings
- Assist with the implementation of other M&E and CFM activities
- Undertake any other reasonable task assigned by management.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Our Ideal Candidate must have:
- Experience working in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts desirable
- Good analytical skills
- Proficient knowledge of Arabic
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Basic written and spoken English
- Minimum of 6 months experience in data collection and/or data analysis
- Knowledge of different data collection methodologies
- Knowledge of complaint and feedback mechanisms.
- Knowledge of mobile data collection tools is an advantage
- Good knowledge of the software programs (MS Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative data collection, data analysis and validation such as Power BI is an advantage
- Knowledge of GIS software (e.g. QGIS) is an advantage
- Experience with handling insecure environment
In this position, you will join a highly motivated and experienced team who are making a difference for vulnerable people in one of the world's most complex humanitarian crisis.
Contract duration: one year
Working hours: 40 hours/week, Sun-Thu (5 days per week)
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Gaza (open to Gaza residents only)
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة