IREX – Partnerships with Youth (PWY) Project
IREX is an international nonprofit organization providing thought leadership and innovative programs to promote positive lasting change globally. IREX enables local individuals and institutions to build key elements of a vibrant society: quality education and innovative youth development programming, independent media, and strong communities. To strengthen these sectors, our program activities also include conflict resolution, gender, and technology for development. Since its establishment in 1968, IREX has employed field-tested methods and innovative uses of technologies to develop practical and locally-driven solutions with partners in 120 countries. In the West Bank, IREX brings an innovative youth development approach that will lead the development and implementation of the USAID-funded Partnerships with Youth program in the West Bank.
Partnerships with Youth is a five-year, USAID-funded program that builds on and expands USAID-supported Youth Development Resource Centers (YDRCs) to create opportunities for active youth learning and innovation in the West Bank. PWY provides subgrants and technical assistance to eight YDRCs in Hebron, Jenin, Jericho, Nablus, Qalqilya, Tubas, Salfit, and Tulkarem, and two implementing partners in Al Bireh/Ramallah and Bethlehem to build their organizational capacity and improve their sustainability.
Summary of Consultancy:
Under the supervision of the M&E Specialist, the M&E Assistance Consultant will provide M&E assistance during the program’s closeout. The consultant will be primarily responsible for data collection, entry, and filing, as well as significant contributions to a most-significant change assessment. The M&E consultant will also contribute to data analysis and programmatic reporting as required.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Participate in PWY’s most significant change (MSC) exercise, including co-facilitating workshops, managing a group of youth researchers, analyzing data, and assisting with the report.
- Collect data from project and partner activities in timely, reliable, valid, and precise manner;
- Enter collected data in and maintain program’s beneficiary database, GeoMIS system, and TraiNet.
- Maintain soft and hard copies of all M&E related files and supporting documentation;
- Assist in the analysis of indicator data;
- Contribute to the development of data collection instruments as required;
- Conduct data quality assurance tests;
- Contribute to the development of project communications and programmatic deliverables as required;
- Perform other duties as required or assigned
Duration of Assignment:
Full time for at least two months. The PWY program is currently scheduled to end July 31; IREX anticipates needing this consultant through that end date, beginning as soon as possible. Were IREX to receive an extension from its funder, it would be IREX’s intention to extend this consultancy as needed
The PWY M&E Specialist will monitor the consultant’s work, providing direction and input as needed.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University degree in a relevant field;
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft applications;
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills including ability to prioritize and multi-task;
- Strong analytical skills and experience;
- Strong writing, editing, and oral presentation skills in English and Arabic, as evidenced by professional experience;
- Ability to plan strategically and creatively to meet specified objectives;
- Willingness to work in a flexible manner in terms of number of working hours and days of work, as required by the demands of the program;
- Willingness and ability to travel to Jerusalem and cities within the West Bank, as needed; and
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively with team members.
To apply please send your CV along with a cover letter that includes your availability and daily rate and names of three references to [email protected] by 5:00 pm on Wednesday, June 6, 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.