DanChurchAid and Norwegian Church Aid joint country program in Palestine is recruiting a
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer (MELO)
DCA/NCA is looking for a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer (MELO) to contribute to the attainment of DCA/NCA JCPP objectives through provision of leadership in feasibility studies, context analysis, baselines, project evaluations, development of log frames, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning plans, sustainability plans, documentation, facilitate learning processes and linking learning and evidence-based research to ongoing and future programming. The MELO will lead the JCPPs efforts to expand and strengthen JCPP and partners use of ICT tools in MEL processes.
Main responsibilities include:
- Develop and strengthen planning, monitoring and evaluation procedures and systems in DCA in close coordination with DCA/NCA programme and financial teams.
- Facilitate learning processes with colleagues and partners, making recommendations for adaptive programming and new/follow up projects while supporting JCPP programme officers and partner staff action these.
- Manage analytical processes (context, gender, conflict sensitivity etc.), risk assessments, feasibility studies.
- Guide, coordinate and be fully involved in the design and development of Theory of Change pathways and logical frameworks of the JCPP’s projects including technical advice for the development of performance indicators.
- Develop needs assessment and baseline study plans including design, methodologies (qualitative/quantitative), and indicators and provide support/guidance in field studies, data management and report development in consultation with programme officers and implementing partners.
- Review project documents submitted by partner organisations and provide suggestions/inputs for further improvement of MEL tools and plans.
- Support annual reporting, review of Theory of Change, and updating of logframes.
- Support development of new country programme strategy, with special focus on ensuring effective MEL system.
- Ensure application of innovation approach in project design and learning processes.
- Play an integral part in project development processes whenever there are new opportunities for funding from different donors. In the process, s/he will assist the fundraising efforts by providing relevant data/information and support development of logframes for proposals.
- Participate and provide support in the half-yearly and annual project review and planning workshops and assists programme team in preparing relevant reports.
- Represent DCA/NCA at meetings/forums/workshop when necessary and as advised by line Manager.
- Conduct field monitoring visit on regular basis and support programme officers/mangers monitor overall progress on achievement of results and the sustainability of the project's results.
- Assist Programme team in designing, coordinating and conducting project baselines and evaluations (mid-term and final/end-line) in line with Logical Frameworks (LFAs).
- Ensure implementation of quarterly output database and support in producing reports with enhanced data visualization.
- Responsible to provide relevant documents, content to communication and advocacy colleagues and work closely to produce testimonies, case studies that are particularly focusing on documenting programme impacts and learning; and ensure their publication and dissemination in a suitable format to appropriate audiences as relevant.
- Participating in the MEAL community of practice virtual and physical meetings, and building JCPP partner capacities on Monitoring, Evaluation and Leaning and adaptive programming.
- Document and share organizational learning from PM&E process with the DCA/NCA team and partner organisations.
- Lead on strengthening utilisation of ICT tools such as Magpi and KOBO applications for better and more effective monitoring to enhance accountability.
- Where relevant/required provide training and coaching for partner staff in data collection, analysis, data protection, impact evaluation and result-based monitoring and report writing.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications, experience, and skills
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Research methodology, Project Management or other relevant field.
- A minimum of five years’ work experience in MEL roles preferably with INGOs.
- Extensive experience working on projects funded by different donors.
- Good understanding of the current MEL and adaptive programming trends. Experience with outcome harvesting.
- Experience of MEL methodology and processes, including in mobile phone and other electronic apps used for Planning, Monitoring, and Evaluation purposes.
- Experience in technical report writing and research activities.
- Experience of managing learning processes.
- Experience of managing research and evaluation consultants.
- High level proficiency in professional writing and communication in English.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Proficiency in quantitative and qualitative analysis skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical and research skills.
- Excellent computer knowledge with command on MS Excel among other PM&E software packages.
- Excellent ICT knowledge and skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with knowledge on Project Cycle Management.
- Self-motivation, creativity, and an ability to perform without close supervision.
- Meaningful, professional, dynamic, and pleasant workplace.
- Competitive compensation.
- Workstation: Jerusalem
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Contract Type: a national position. Full time (37.5 hours/week) according to Local Staff Manual
المسمى الوظيفي Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer
آخر موعد للتقديم 18 - Apr - 2021
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية الماجستير
الخبرة 5 Years
التصنيف مجالات متنوعة
To apply for this position:
Please upload your CV and a cover letter that includes justification of interest no later than April 18, 2021 @ 23:59 pm. Use the following link:
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. The interviews will be conducted during the last two weeks of April/beginning of May 2021. Note that all interested irrespective of age, gender, disability, religion or ethnicity are encouraged to apply for the vacancy. By applying for any job in DCA you accept to comply with our policies for prevention of sexual abuse, exploitation and harassment as well as child protection.
To know more about DCA and NCA please visit our websites (www.danchurchaid.org and https://www.kirkensnodhjelp.no/en/)
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة DanChurchAid DCA
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer
Senior Programme Officer
28, Aug, 2020
Head of Programme
5, May, 2020
7, Jan, 2020
8, Apr, 2019
21, Dec, 2018
Finance and Procurement Officer
22, Jun, 2018