WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found primarily in WFP Field based Offices, and job holders typically report to Monitoring & Evaluation Officer. At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities related to monitoring that require some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels.
To coordinate and perform monitoring activities within a specific coverage area and provide reports to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Support and assist in the Monitoring and Evaluation activities under WFP’s Country Strategic Plan supporting alignment with wider monitoring and evaluation policies and guidelines.
- Contribute to enhancing WFP’s ability to demonstrate outcome focused results.
- Prepare a range of reports and data analysis ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control and ensure accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Support the analysis of monitoring data collected through different phases of programme implementation, analyzing a set of impact indicators, based on WFP’s corporate standards.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative data analysis, visualization, and prepare summary and detailed reports based on the corporate reporting standards.
- Arrange for data collection exercises including, preparing the sample, following up with the field staff, and setting the data collection plan.
- Coordinate M&E activities with WFP’s partners as required.
- Assist in providing inputs and update indicators, baseline and target values based on the WFP M&E framework.
- Provide any other M&E support as needed.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has experience collecting programme output and outcome data, conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses, and reporting findings to management team, partners and other stakeholders.
• Has experience utilizing monitoring and evaluation systems and standards.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced University degree in Social Sciences, Social Development, Economics, statistics, or Performance Management, or another relevant field.
- A minimum of five years work experience in monitoring and evaluation roles.
- Has research experience using variety of analytical tools and methods for causality analysis, forecasting, and other data modeling needs.
- Strong analysis capabilities and report writing skills including undertaking statistical analysis.
- Experience in technical report writing and research activities.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Sound teamwork competencies are essential.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Power-point, etc.).
- Proficiency in Adobe illustrator or any other similar tools.