Rights Respected, People Protected
The Norwegian Refugee Council is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises in 31 countries, where we help save lives, rebuild futures and promote the rights of people who are displaced. We deliver high-quality aid where needs are greatest, in both new and protracted crises.
In Palestine, NRC provides humanitarian assistance and promotes respect for international law in one of the longest-running displacement crises in modern history. In the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and Gaza, NRC’s work includes emergency preparedness and response, education, ICLA, protection, shelter and WASH.
The purpose of the M&E Technical Officer position is to contribute to enhancing NRC Palestine’s understanding of the consequences of its programming, through adapting and improving internal systems to promote evidence-based decision-making and programme performance.
- Provide M+E support to Programs (relevant CC)
- With input from M+E and Grant coordinator, support (as necessary) the development of data collection methodology or tools
- Ensure that monitoring data are reported in a timely
- Support in standardising M+E across projects
- Support and contribute to the development of a data management system through documentation, implementation and coordination of standardised information flow of M+E activities and reporting
- Participate in development of guidance and frameworks for CO procedures, policies and processes that assist in institutionalizing and supporting M+E in the country mission
- Participate in preparation and/or implementation of capacity building and training workshops for staff on M+E implementation,
- Lead Complaints Feedback Collection data collection and analysis at Gaza office level
- Supervise CFM Case Manager/ M&E assistant
- Build and maintain good working relations with staff from programmes and projects.
- When necessary, coordinate with M&E counterpart in donor agency, consortium partners and accompany CC staff to relevant donor meetings
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Our Ideal Candidate must have:
- Graduate in technical field with focus in data management and analysis.
- At least 3 years of experience in an international NGO preferably in an emergency or post-conflict setting, including M+E capacity and systems development
- Demonstrated ability to present data and convey information clearly and concisely
- Experience with and knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in relief and development programs, using both quantitative and qualitative methods
- Experience and ability to train others and transfer knowledge.
- Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential
- Strong organizational and team working skills
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring and other formal and non-formal methods
- Fluency in both English and Arabic (speaking, reading, writing)
- Computer skills, including MS Office (Proficiency in Word, Excel is required; familiarity with R, Stata, SPSS or other data analysis’ packages is strongly preferred)
In this position, you will join a highly motivated and experienced team who are making a difference for vulnerable people in one of the world's most complex humanitarian crisis.
Contract duration: 5 months
Working hours: 40 hours/week, Sun-Thu (5 days per week)
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Gaza (open to Gaza residents only)
Start Date: ASAP
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة