Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Reporting to: Head of Mission
Location: Gaza- Palestine
Contract period: 12 months fixed-term contract
Closing date: 24/02/2022
About Human Appeal UK
Human Appeal UK is a non-profit organisation working across the globe to strengthen humanity’s fight against poverty, social injustice and natural disaster. Through the provision of immediate relief and the establishment of self-sustaining development programmes, we aim to invest in real, effective solutions.
We work year-round to establish healthcare, water and sanitation- WASH, education, and livelihood programmes that pave the way for empowered, self-serving communities. We also provide food, medical aid, and disaster relief during emergencies, a critical intervention that saves lives.
The M&E Officer will immensely contribute to the designing, implementation and operation of M&E systems from the project’s initiation to closeout. She/he will oversee the monitoring, evaluation, analytics and reporting of performance and results, providing regular project reports to the programme team. She/he will provide technical leadership and guide staff experts and oversee data management on gender-related analysis and ongoing training to MEAL assistance. She/he will conduct regular project data analysis and identify methods to use results for program improvement.
Design and implement the M&E system.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of M&E frameworks and plans of the country’s programmes/projects to generate regular information related to their progress.
- Develop common indicators for data collection, design data collection tools/ templates, and assist with regular data collection/generation process.
- Conduct community assessments and community profiling
- Conduct based evidence research and reporting
- Provide technical support to project staff on implementing the M&E plan and logical framework.
- Liaise with project management to collect and analyze data and to determine progress achieved.
Capacity Development in M&E
- Provide technical support to staff members for all M&E related activities in the country and field offices.
- Train staff members on M&E concepts, skills and tools.
- Work closely with programme/implementing team for enhancing their capacity for proper data collection using KOBO/ODK and in reporting.
- Contribute to the designing of TOR, training materials, communication materials related to projects and M&E Systems.
Reporting and programme support
- Prepare the M&E unit's periodic progress reports and share them with the HoM
- Assist the project team to prepare periodic reports of the projects by providing M&E related information.
- Collect and/or assist to collect case studies stories, best practice documentation, lesson learn; update and manage that information in project's reports and other knowledge products.
- Work closely with the project team to ensure that lessons learned from project evaluations are documented properly.
- Contribute to developing and managing knowledge products (knowledge management) of projects.
- Work closely with the programme/project team members and relevant stakeholders for monitoring and evaluation of project interventions.
- Support the development, design, and writing of proposals and concept notes for related programming information management and reporting
Perform other duties assigned by the Head of Mission
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- University degree in Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, international development and other related disciplines.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in monitoring and evaluation roles, ideal with INGOs
- Knowledge of using GIS, SPSS, MIS, KOBO and other analytical tools
- Professional level using MS Office Suite
- High proficiency and Fluent in English, Arabic is an asset
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills
- Thorough knowledge in quantitative and qualitative data collection methods, and analysis is desirable, especially the use of MS Excel and SPSS.
- Proven success in designing, implementing and operating M&E systems from project initiation to closeout
- Experience in strategic planning and performance management, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (qualitative, quantitative, mixed-method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies
- Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to detail.
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Ability to design and implement efficient workflows and procedures
- Experience in implementing accountability systems such as complaints, feedback, and response mechanism.
- Facilitation, training, and coaching skills
We are looking to appoint this role ASAP so for the best chance of success please APPLY TODAY!
Please upload your CV and Cover Letter outlining how your experience, skills, qualification and professional background fit with the position requirements
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.