Position Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Application Deadline Mon. 16/08/2021, 12:00 pm
Reports to Executive Director
PNGO is composed of the leading and older NGOs in Palestine. It is the largest umbrella network consisting of 142 national NGOs in both the West Bank and Gaza Strip, which work in different development and humanitarian arenas. In addition to being a coordination body for the NGO sector in Palestine to strengthen the Palestinian civil society and contribute to the establishment of the Palestinian state based on the principles of democracy, social justice, rule of law, tolerance, and respect of human rights, PNGO coordinates the thematic networks and launches common advocacy campaigns, and plays a pivotal role as a “coordination committee” among national platforms. In this framework, PNGO is supporting other networks, often as a coach.
Support, consolidate and strengthen Palestinian civil society, based on the principles of democracy, social justice and sustainable development.
Build the capacity of national NGOs and continue to work towards increasing their role in influencing policies, priorities and localization.
Enhance the effectiveness of development and humanitarian action, based on strong ethics and accountability to the Palestinian people we serve.
Enhance coordination and cooperation between NNGOs and INGOs. Improving partnership between them; complementing each other with clear roles and expectations.
Monitoring and evaluation are viewed as a tool that enables result-based management. Managing for results include planning for results, implementation, performance review and evaluation assessments to track the long-term impact of projects. The results from the monitoring feed back into implementation, based on management corrective action. The monitoring and evaluation expert acts as a key player to ensure that the achievement of planned activities is accomplished to achieve the desired outcomes of PNGO projects in line with its overall strategic goals.
PNGO is looking to recruit a qualified M&E Officer, with the objective of taking lead in developing an integrated result framework and carry out the monitoring and evaluation of PNGO projects activities.
Scope of Work
The M&E Officer will be responsible for developing the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning system, contributing to ensuring the respect of the indicators and the achievements of the project’s objectives and results. She/he will work closely with the Project Manager and Projects’ Coordinators, in order to implement efficient strategies facilitating the assessment of the progress and impact of the activities on the ground and allowing the Management to quickly re-adjust and ensure the delivery of high-quality activities accountable to beneficiaries, partners and donors.
Main tasks and responsibilities are, but not limited to:
Design and Implement M&E System:
- Develop and implement an M&E plan of the projects to generate regular information related to the progress of the projects.
- Develop common indicators for data collection, design data collection tools/ templates, and assist with regular data collection/generation process.
- Provide technical support to the projects’ coordinators on implementing the M&E plan and logical framework.
- Liaise with project management
Project Information Management:
- Track the projects’ output and outcome level results on a periodic basis in close coordination with the project’s implementing team.
- Check, verify, and compile data as stipulated in the M&E plan.
- Review and compile monitoring reports, project progress reports, evaluation reports, photographs, case studies video documentaries, PowerPoint presentation, etc.
- Update and maintain the projects’ database.
Capacity Development in M&E:
- Provide technical support to staff members for all M&E related activities.
- Train staff members on M&E concepts, skills and tools.
- Work closely with implementing team for enhancing their capacity for proper data collection and reporting.
- Develop a database for the projects’ performance indicators, collect appropriate data from the sources, maintain the database and prepare reports to meet the reporting requirements of the Projects’.
- Contribute to design TOR, training materials, communication materials related to the projects’ and M&E System.
- Review assessment reports, baseline studies and evaluation reports.
- Ensure that reports from partners/consultants are complete and meet the quality requirements.
- Undertake the quality control of the project's implementing strategies and approaches.
Reporting and Documentation:
- Prepare the M&E periodic progress report and submit to the Executive Director.
- Assist project team to prepare periodic reports of the projects’ through providing M&E related information.
- Collect and/or assist to collect case story, best practice documentation, lessons learned; and update and manage information in project's reports and other knowledge products.
- Work closely with the project implementing team to ensure that lessons learned from projects evaluations are documented properly.
- Prepare and write PNGO consolidated report.
- Prepare monitoring field visit plan and conduct monitoring visits when required.
- Conduct regular monitoring of project's interventions to ensure the quality delivery of inputs and contribute to generating expected results.
- Participate in internal and external monitoring mission.
- Work closely with the projects’ implementing team and relevant stakeholders for monitoring and evaluation of projects’ interventions.
- Assist to organize and facilitate various events such as meetings, workshops, conferences, and seminars.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities related to M&E as assigned by the Executive Director.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Key competencies, technical background, and experience required
BA in relevant field with at least three years of experience in humanitarian and/or development NGO and in designing, implementing and overseeing M&E related task.
Demonstrated experience in monitoring project activities, data collection and analysis.
Sound knowledge and experience in writing reports.
Demonstrated experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis.
Knowledge of accountability initiatives, information sharing and complaints response mechanisms.
Good knowledge of project cycle management.
Experience in delivering training on M&E and data analysis.
Able to work in a team, well organized, flexible, and highly motivated.
Good interpersonal, communications, and facilitation skills.
Hands-on experience in managing database software.
Strong statistical skills including knowledge of Microsoft applications.
Working knowledge of the English language along with writing and communication skills.
Interested candidates with relevant experience are encouraged to send their resume and cover letter (Both in English), along with the contact details of at least three professional references who can be contacted immediately, to email: [email protected]
All applications must be received no later than Mon. 16/08/2021, 12:00 pm
Applications that do not meet the above-mentioned requirement will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.