EducAid is an Italian NGO working in the Palestinian Territory since 2003.
In the framework of the project "I-CAN: Independence, Capability, Autonomy, iNclusion. Center for Independent life for People with Disabilities in the Gaza Strip "Palestinian Territories - AID 011.496 and in order to complete building its human resources in the Gaza Strip office, EducAid, announces its need to hire a Monitor and Evaluation Officer according to the following criteria:
Contract Type: Full Time
Location: Gaza strip
The M&E Officer will be responsible for the monitoring and ensuring high quality and timely inputs, and for ensuring that the project maintains its strategic vision and that its activities result in the achievement of its intended outputs in a cost effective and timely manner.
The M&E officer will be responsible for designing and implementing the M&E activities of the Project; assisting the Project Manager in preparing reports on project progress and will monitor the project activities on a regular basis, and will be responsible for the collection & analysis of different data in relation to the project activities.
The M&E officer works in close collaboration with work closely with project team and operations clusters, Government officials, private sector, non-government and civil society organizations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and strengthen monitoring, inspection and evaluation procedures
- Monitor all project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the project output.
- Recommend further improvement of the logical framework.
- Develop monitoring and impact indicator for the project success.
- Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results.
- Monitor the sustainability of the project's results.
- Provide feedback to the Project Manager on project strategies and activities.
- Suggest strategies to the Project Management for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks.
- Report monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all project activities to the Project Manager.
- Conduct capacity assessment on existing monitoring and evaluation system Develop indicators and a monitoring strategy for the project.
- Provide inputs, information and statistics for quarterly, annual and other reports to Project Management Team
- Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist the Project Manager in preparing relevant reports.
- Support monitoring and evaluation of the effects and impact of the project.
- Assist in coordinating across the available components of the Project to ensure effective implementation of M&E.
- Assist the project personnel with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use.
- Perform other duties as required.
Measurable Outputs and Performance Indicators
- Preparation of monthly reports;
- Assist the Project Manager in preparing other relevant reports;
- Organize and conduct training on M&E for project staff
- Assist Project Manager in the preparation of reports on the findings and lessons learned from project innovations;
- Provide input and update information related to project outcome.
- Assist Project Manager in preparing monthly and quarterly reports on project progress.
- Prepare Issues Log and Risk Log for the project;
- Develop M&E system for the Project and for the government counterpart/stakeholders.
- Prepare and maintain data base
- University Degree preferably in Business Administration, Economics or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in the design and implementation of M&E/ in development projects implemented by national/international NGOs.
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports;
- Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software;
- Strong training & facilitation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both Arabic and English.
- Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships
- Plans, coordinates and organises workload while remaining aware of changing Priorities and competing deadlines
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support
- In-depth knowledge on M&E and development issues
- Excellent knowledge of monitoring and the application of methodology: Good understanding of capacity assessment methodologies; excellent ability to identify significant capacity building opportunities;
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral): Sensitivity to and responsiveness to all partners, Respectful and helpful relations with donors and project staff.
- Ability to lead implementation of new systems (business side), and affect staff behavioural/ attitudinal change
- Focuses on result for the client
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view
- Solicits feedback from staff about the impact of his/her own behavior
- Valid clean driving license is advance
Candidates are invited to fulfill the application form and to attached their CV and motivation letter online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة , no later than 17th of October 2018 - 4,00 pm
People with Disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for all EducAid positions.