Recruiting Mind – Body Supervisor/ Facilitators
Seeds of Hope project
The Center for Mind Body Medicine (CMBM) is a humanitarian organization that works with education, health and trauma healing related projects in the Middle East, CMBM adheres to the main principles of humanitarianism and medical ethics, in particular the principles of impartiality. CMBM has worked with the Palestinian Ministry of Health & Education and other ministries since 2005 to develop their psychosocial wellbeing, improving resiliency to victims of war and healing the wounds of war, helping the helpers, public health institutions and strengthening local educational institutions.
Through (Seeds of Hope) project CMBM in partnership with Ministry of Education aims to implement a project that provides core trauma-relief and resilience-building support for students, teachers and parents at 5 schools in North and East Gaza.
In the frame of the psychosocial support mission of CMBM in the area of Gaza Strip, Mind – Body co-supervisors will support the teachers in facilitating 10-Mind Body sessions for students and their parents in North and east Gaza, and teachers in the 5 selected schools in the mentioned areas.
- Participate in project trainings
- Supervise and co-lead the trainees in conducting Mind-Body classroom intervention
- Lead trainees in conducting Mind-Body groups for traumatized students
- Lead trainees in conducting Mind-Body groups for students’ parents
- Support teachers in self-care activities and assist with sessions challenges
- Produce and follow up work schedules
- Attend supervision meetings with project manager
- Ensure that group services are based on the MBM skills.
- Communicate with the clinical team in order to implement specific interventions specified by supervisors and provide feedback regarding the results.
- Assist CMBM team members in providing outreach to the community through education about psychological well-being and MBM approach.
- Assist in research, development, and implementation of curriculum including pre and post tools and ensure each participant fill the questionnaire and sign the consent forms before the groups begin.
- Commit to and respect the child protection code of conduct.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
The job includes, but is not limited to the tasks and objectives described below:
- Provide supervision for teachers
- Co-lead the sessions with teachers and maintain positive relations with teachers and school management
- Ensure discipline and good atmosphere for the session
- Submit success stories and testimonials for each session to Program Manager.
- Submit reports for each session’s activities.
- Attend all related supervision sessions.
- Participate in all activities related to his duties.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- University Degree in (Humanitarian or medical sciences) or related fields
- Mind Body Training Certification and successful completion of Professional Training Program & Advanced Training Program (PTP & ATP) in Mind-Body approaches of (40) training hours each training.
- Experience leading Mind-Body Medicine groups for children, teens and adults.
- EXTENSIVE Stress management practice with different age groups (children, teenagers, adults).
- Valuable experience in psychosocial interventions.
- Ability to early detect psychological problems that need special care or referral.
- Strong communication and facilitation skills.
- Excellent writing and reporting skills.
- Good command of English.
- High level computer skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Internet;
- Knowledge of context and cultural aspects.
- Ability to work under pressure with different circumstances.
- Flexible to work within a team.
Candidates should send their complete CVs, certificates and personal photo to be sent in one file no later than July 26th 2019 at 1:00 pm to ([email protected]).
Put Job title in sent e-mail subject. MBSOH.2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.