The Near East Foundation (NEF) seeks a Micro franchise Development Officer to be based in Nablus - West Bank. For over 100 years, NEF has worked to build more sustainable, prosperous, and inclusive communities in the Middle East and Africa through education, governance, and economic development initiatives. NEF’s work is organized around three program areas: Peace building through Economic Cooperation, Microenterprise Women Businesses' Development, and Sustainable Agriculture and Natural Resources Management.
The position will be hired for the GROW project – Generating Revenue Opportunities for Women and Youth in the West Bank (GROW), a project funded by Global Affairs Canada (GAC) and implemented by Near East Foundation and CowaterSogema. The project aims to enhance economic empowerment and increase prosperity for low-income women and female youth in the West Bank. The multi-year project is being implemented in the West Bank.
The Micro-franchise Development Officer will be responsible for the overall coordination of project activities related to establishing and supporting school canteen micro-franchises. S/he will work as part of the NEF GROW project team. The officer will carry out all planned activities in an effective and timely manner to help ensure on-time, effective and high-quality project implementation.
Coordination: Follow day to day implementation of project activities at the project sites:
- Prepare and organize workshops, training, peer-networking, projects activities and meetings;
- Participate in training, follow-up activities and coaching, and mentoring women participants and women’s associations;
- Assist in project monitoring and evaluation processes and reporting;
- Coordinate among project partners, women’s associations and school canteen beneficiaries, and Ministry of Education contacts;
- Facilitate linkages and networks among new and existing canteens microfranchises to facilitate cross-learning and economies of scale;
- Conduct needs assessments for targeted school canteen in cooperation with Ministry of Education's representatives.
- Ensure effective, efficient and high-quality implementation of the project activities;
- Contribute to project beneficiaries and women associations' recruitment;
- Conduct technical and micro-franchise training for project beneficiaries engaged in operating school canteens;
- Conduct cooperative/women’s association organizational capacity-building training and coaching;
- Provide on-going coaching and support for beneficiary-led problem solving, cooperation, and sustainability strategies
- Facilitate networking and exchange visits activities for the project beneficiaries;
- File and document project related documents, data, and results;
- Follow project operational procedures and policies, including for beneficiary targeting, recruitment, and selection, activity monitoring and evaluation, and procurement of goods and services
- Conduct regular monitoring visits the project sites to ensure the quality of implemented activity.
Reporting: coordination with and reporting to project manager.
- Prepare periodic narrative and analytical reports to the project manager;
- Prepare and write project success stories.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field: Business Administration, Finance, Social Sciences, Management;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a relevant field (business development and management, microfranchise development, women’s economic empowerment);
- Oral and written fluency in both Arabic and English;
- Competence with MS Office applications;
- Requires extensive written and verbal communication skills;
- Commitment to women’s economic empowerment and innovative models for inclusive income generation and business development.
- Ability and commitment to work and produce results with minimal supervision;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- High attention to detail;
- Flexibility in accepting work assignments.
Application Deadline: November 10, 2019
Please apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة with the following documents:
- Cover letter outlining all relevant experience
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of three references (including one from current, or most recent, employer)
Women applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
Kindly note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Near East Foundation promotes Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants seeking employment and NEF employees.