Unit: Awards and Compliance, Near East Foundation in West Bank
Reports to: Country Director
Location: Nablus, West Bank
Travel: To all NEF project areas within West Bank: including Jordan Valley, Jericho, and Tubas
The Near East Foundation (NEF) is seeking qualified candidates for a Compliance Manager to be based in Nablus, West Bank. For over 100 years, NEF has worked to build more sustainable, prosperous, and inclusive communities in the Middle East and Africa through education, governance, and economic development initiatives. NEF’s work is organized around three program areas: Peacebuilding through Economic Cooperation, Microenterprise Development, and Sustainable Agriculture and Natural Resources Management.
The Compliance Manager will work under the leadership of the Country Director and will be responsible for compliance with all donor regulations for all of NEF’s projects in the West Bank/Gaza region. The Compliance Manager will coordinate across functional areas (e.g. Finance and Program) in order to monitor compliance with donor regulations and NEF policies, manage the sub-awarding process, ensure compliance with USAID Mission Order 21, Implementing Partner Notices, and EU regulations. The Compliance Manager shall assist the Country Director and HQ-based Awards and Compliance Manager in strengthening standards and procedures for compliance and shall ensure adequate systems are in placeto help prevent and detect noncompliance and fraudulent activity. She or he may be asked to conduct occasional staff training on compliance.
- Monitors and coordinates compliance with contractual and regulatory requirements in all phases of grants;
- Ensures that key processes and systems are in place to manage grant-related risk assessments, donor financial compliance and reporting management processes;
- Assists with review of agreements and contracts;
- Submits vetting requests and sub-award reports for institutions partners and individuals where needed;
- Maintains compliance calendar and manages timely submission of USAID regulatory requests such as sub-award reporting;
- Maintains proper documentation of all donor agreements, sub-awards, and related documents;
- Supports the implementation of mitigation strategies and fraud prevention efforts to deter and detect early instances of mismanagement and/or fraud;
- Coordinates across the organization for internal and external audits and compliance reviews;
- Identifies and develops mitigation measures for potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk;
- Monitors sub-awardees and provide guidance on compliance-related matters as needed;
- Coordinates and supports compliance audits both internal and external.
- Carry out procurement of supplies as needed in accordance to NEF’s guidelines;
- Organize logistics of in-country and cross-border trainings, meetings and travel;
- Coordinate activities with the Project Managers, Finance Manager, and Country Director;
- Provide personnel, finance, legal and security support as needed;
- Oversee the administration of program files and relevant documents, including the filing of documents, physically and electronically;
- Register and track all incoming and outgoing physical correspondence;
- Manage public information materials.
- Manages the timely filing of employment contracts, tracks start and end dates and runs quarterly reports for headquarters;
- Supports and coordinates local recruitment of staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in auditing, compliance, finance, legal, or administration management
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID/USG rules and regulations is essential
- Knowledge of other donor guidelines is a plus (e.g. EU)
- Fluency in Arabic and English
- Competence with MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Dropbox; experience with USAID platforms (sub-award reporting, etc) preferred
- Ability and commitment to work and produce results with minimum supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and to coordinate within and across a global organization
- Requires extensive written and verbal communication skills needed to motivate, convince, and/or change behavior or attitude of contacts;
- Highly attentive to detail in order to maintain accurate records;
- Flexibility in accepting work assignments.
Commensurate with experience.
Please apply by sending to [email protected] the following documents:
- Cover letter outlining all relevant experience
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of three references (including one from current, or most recent, employer)
Application deadline:4 April 2018
Subject line:Compliance Manager
Kindly note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to familiarize themselves with the Near East Foundation by visiting the NEF website at www.neareast.org.
The Near East Foundation will conduct pre-employment background checks that may include contacting off-list references from past employers.
The Near East Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.