Handicap International (which runs projects under its operating name, Humanity & Inclusion - HI -), is an independent and impartial international aid organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights. Handicap International is a not-for-profit organisation with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations.
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Under the supervision with the Inclusive Education Project Manager and in collaboration with the Regional MHPSS regional technical Specialist, the MHPSS officer accompany project’s staff, partners and relevant actors and stakeholders in the implementation of the project and contributes to the project’s MEAL.
Responsibility 1: Contribute to the development of tools for the project implementation and to the capacity building of the project team and partners.
- Participate to the selection and contextualization of the modalities of intervention in compliance with HI technical framework.
- Contribute to the development and/or adaptation of methodologies and to the development of high complexity technical tools, including full training packages (training needs assessment tools, training manuals and materials, pre-post training tests), user’s guidelines, etc.;
- Develop or adapt low/medium complexity technical tools
- Organize and/or participate to the tools testing whenever appropriate and adjust them according to the results dof the test
- Provide ad-hoc support to the team during tools use including field coaching
- Contribute to assessing HI project team and/or project partner capacity building needs, to define suitable training plan and training package
- Train project’s partners and relevant actors and stakeholders on the methodologies and tools.
- Produce training and coaching reports and coordinate feedbacks with the service providers for strengthening continuous staff development
Responsibility 2: Support the quality implementation of project activities.
- Provide ad-hoc support, coaching and follow up to the project’s partners, actors and stakeholders during the implementation of the following activities:
- Through regular discussions with partners’ staff, collect information about any technical issues and needs faced by the teams.
- Report on these issues and needs to the Inclusive Education Project Manager and relevant HI technical staff along with suggestions for improvement.
- Attending mental health-MHPSS thematic working group and protection cluster to ensure Regularly link with partners’ staff to provide or collect information on available services and referral modalities and criteria. (Specialized services in mental health).
- Support the partners’ staff to plan and implement internal and external referrals according to mechanisms and modalities in place for specialized services of mental health when it is needed.
- Directly carry out the following activities:
- Provide direct PSS intervention for the children with disabilities at school level.
- Assess and analyze PSS needs for children, teachers and parents using the SDQ and DASS tools. Ensure compliance with technical guidelines in the implementation of activities.
- Compile and report on any protection concerns and measures reported by the partners teams.
- Support local service providers in developing and enforcing care givers support in PSS intervention and recreational activities.
- Participate in the delivery of trainings to the partners’ staff and to HI IE team in PSS perspective.
- Assess the trainees’ level prior to and after training sessions as to adjust the training content accordingly and record data on their improvements.
- Produce necessary training and projects reports upon request.
Responsibility 3: Contribute to project’s monitoring, lessons learning and reporting:
- Contribute to the development of high complexity data collection tools for documenting indicators, under the lead of MEAL; develop low/medium complexity data collection tools in collaboration with the Regional Technical Unit (RTU) and MEAL.
- Collect data in relation with core tasks and contribute to the measurement of the progress made.
- Support the Project Manager in analyzing the data collected and in identifying necessary adjustments in the project implementation framework to improve the quality and impact of the intervention.
- Contribute to the identification of good practices under the project.
- Develop case studies and success stories to illustrate changes induced by the project and for communication use.
- Contribute to planning and produce activity reports.
- Contribute to the production of the donor report.
- Contribute to the preparation and implementation of project quarterly review.
- Participate to the organization of technical reviews and technical missions.
- Participate to professional network at national level in the field of expertise of the project.
- Contribute to the development of lessons learning exercise, data collection and analysis and the production of dissemination document.
- Facilitate the field implementation of project’s evaluations and of researches.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Advanced degree in the area of expertise
- 3 years of experience working in complex humanitarian crisis preferably in an NGO
- Minimum 5 years’ experience the field of expertise, in emergency or/ and development context
- Skills in developing training and providing coaching for capacity building
- Ability to develop information material
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work with partners, civil society organizations or public authorities
- Skills in users centered approach
- Knowledge of referrals mechanisms
- Very positive personality, with strong orientation towards solutions
- Excellent communication skills Proactive, solution maker, strongly positive, constructive and dynamic personality
HI workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in HI Code of conduct. In accordance with these values, HI operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption.
Initial contract will be for a period up to 4 months.
The position will be based in Ramallah with frequent field visits to Jenin
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and Particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities
Interested candidates should send their resume with motivation letter to reach on or before July 30, 2023 to [email protected] indicating your full name and the job title (MHPSS Officer Ramallah) in the subject line of your e-mail application. Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will be disregarded.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and those shortlisted will be contacted.