Médecins Sans Frontières (“Doctors Without Borders”; MSF) is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
Médecins Sans Frontières France is looking for 1 Medicines Dispenser to provide an accurate, timely, and qualitative dispensing service of drugs according to medical prescriptions and MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to improve the patient’s health conditions.
Main Responsibilities of the position:
- Dispensing medication to patients according to medical prescription, ensuring the medication is correctly labeled and providing clear instructions to the patients;
- Placing orders with the central stock, maintaining minimum stock levels, checking expiry dates and storage conditions and ensuring no medicines or material are taken out without authorization;
- Maintaining accurate dispensing records and regularly reporting them to his/her technical reference;
- Organizing and keeping clean the dispensing area, maintaining dispensary equipment, ensuring it is clean, accurate and in a good state of repair;
- Maintaining the integrity and security of the dispensary by admitting only authorized personnel and ensuring that all medicines are stored as appropriate;
- Carrying out Patient Therapeutic Education (PTE), informing about treatment and adherence. Informing the medical doctor in case of lack of adherence, identifying the reasons and finding solutions.
- Understanding, recording and informing on any complaint received from patients related to medicine use or side effects.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Pharmacist license is essential
- Working experience of at least 2 years is essential, desirable experience with a medical NGO
- Essential knowledge of basic mathematics and use of measuring equipment
- Knowledge on controlled drugs dispensing, stock management, inventories, registration and stock cards maintaining
- Reporting skills and desirable computer literacy (word, excel)
- Strong team spirit and teamwork, behavioral flexibility, stress management
- Commitment to MSF principles and policies
- Not under contract with the Palestinian Ministry of Health.
SART DATE: February 2020
DURATION: 3 months, potentially renewable.
Eligible applicants must submit a cover letter and CV in English alongside relevant supporting documents stating “Application – Medicines Dispenser” on an envelope, in the dedicated mailbox at the MSF Office A Husseini Street, near El Wehda Street, Gaza City. Application Deadline: Tuesday, 28th January 2020, 16:30
CVs won’t be returned and only successful candidates will be contacted for the interview.