Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières France
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
- Perform oral and written translation, from the mission language to local language(s) or vice versa, in order to ensure simultaneous, accurate, friendly, respectful, objective and fluent communication between MSF staff and local population.
- Translate from Arabic to English (or French) then translate back. The translation can be needed in patient support session, during meetings with partners or in medical meetings and/or trainings.
- Favor the communication and interaction between beneficiaries/staff and actors.
- Help for calls and mails with non-english speakers.
Starting date: 20/02/2022
No of Jobs: 1 (part-time 50%)
Working Hours: 91 hours/ Month
Contract Duration: 4 months contract (with 2 months’ probation period) - possibility of renewal.
Required Travel: No travel will be required but mobility across Gaza can be requested based on operational need.
As he/she works with international staff, the translator inform international staff about local customs, tradition, etc., that will help understand better the context and better communicate.
The translator is available to go in different locations and various kind of meeting to support the staff in map and networking work.
Being able to speak in public is an asset for translate trainings for ex.
The translator is flexible about the location and the different forms of working.
Integrate Mental health team supposes an open-minded posture about psychological issues.
The translator is respectful of the MSF rules about confidentiality.
A non-judgment posture is expected from the translator. He/she declares any “conflict of interest” when asked to translate (e.g. personal involvement) which would necessitate using other staff members for translation.
He/she always keeps respect towards patients, collaborators, authorities, military factions and MSF staff participating in discussions.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Desirable official translator degree (English language)
- Desirable degree in social science, social communication or teaching
- Training Interpretation or intercultural mediation is an asset
Experience: Previous working experience required. Desirable with MSF or other NGOS, INGOs
: Desirable previous experience in MSF or INGOs in developing countries
Languages: Mission or local language, essential can speak French and English
Knowledge: Desirable computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Proficiency for MSF language English and/or French
- Desired knowledge of the culture and organization (e.g. health care system) of the host society/country
- Flexibility and available
- Strong communication, and social skills (attentive listening, open attitude, empathy, sensitivity)
- Capacity to work in a multidisciplinary team
Applicants must show their willingness by submitting an updated CV with Motivation Letter both in English, Diploma and Certifications attached, deadline for the applications is 13 February 2022 at 4:00 pm to the following email address
stating the job title in the subject line:
‘MEDICAL INTERPRETER - Gaza Project’
ONLY APPLICATIONS IN ENGLISH AND WITH THE ABOVE MAIL TITLE WILL BE CONSIDERED VALID