The French section of Médecins Sans Frontières is recruiting for its project in Nablus a temporary
Médecins Sans Frontières “Doctors without Borders” is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. MSF-France has been present in the West Bank since 1988, mostly focusing in mental health care in Nablus governorate. In addition, the organization has been assisting MOH COVID response in the PRCS Hospital in Nablus since January 2021.
In the COVID response context, MSF-F is seeking a temporary Medical Interpreter to carry out verbal interpretation, in person or remotely, during daily medical activities (medical round, consultations, interviews, meetings, etc.) and written translations, from the mission language to local language(s) or vice versa, in order to ensure accurate, respectful, fluent and confidential communication between medical staff and local population.
• Inform medical staff about important cultural nuances to consider during a meeting, medical consultation or interview with local people.
• Participate in staff trainings and meetings as an interpreter.
• Provide face to face interpreting, as well as during telephone and radio calls or other telecom devices, when necessary.
• Adapt communication to any circumstances, using appropriate language registry as well as diplomatic and courtesy manners.
• Translate MSF internal / external documents into local language(s).
• Keep record of all translated documents.
• Look after all equipment provided, i.e. dictionaries or other books that belong to MSF
• Ensure confidentiality and medical secrecy.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Education: Essential secondary education, university degree desirable, health knowledge advisable.
Experience: Previous Experience in a medical facility and NGOs will be an asset.
Languages: Essential, bilingual in both mission language and local languages and/or dialects
Competencies: Results and quality orientation; teamwork and cooperation; behavioral flexibility; commitment to MSF Principles; service orientation; stress management
Interested applicants must submit their applications via Form Stack on the 9th of August 2021 maximum