Employment Opportunity in Nablus
Medecins Sans Frontieres “Doctors Without Borders” is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF-France is currently seeking to hire a
Workplace: MSF-France office in 15 street, Nablus
Type of contract: Fixed term contract 3 months (renewable according to the need)
Activity rate: Full Time.
Wished start date: as soon as possible
Main Responsibilities of the position
As a member of the clinical team, the Medical Interpreter will be responsible to carry out verbal interpretation in person or remotely, during daily medical activities (medical round, consultations, interviews, meetings, etc.) and written translations from the mission language to local language(s) or vice versa in order to ensure accurate, respectful, fluent and confidential communication between medical staff and local population; the Medical Interpreter will be in charge of the following tasks (non-exhaustive):
- Inform medical staff about important cultural nuances to consider during a meeting, medical consultation or interview with local people.
- Participate in staff trainings and meetings as an interpreter.
- Provide face to face interpreting, as well as during telephone and radio calls or other telecom devices, when necessary.
- Adapt communication to any circumstances, using appropriate language registry as well as diplomatic and courtesy manners.
- Translate MSF internal / external documents into local language(s).
- Keep record of all translated documents.
- Look after all equipment provided, i.e. dictionaries or other books that belong to MSF
- Ensure confidentiality and medical secrecy.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Education: Essential secondary education, university degree desirable, health knowledge advisable.
Experience: 1 year of experience minimum in a similar job; experience with MSF or other NGOs desirable
Language: Essential, bilingual in English and Arabic.
Competencies : Results oriented, skilled at working in teams, flexibility, Commitment. Service oriented, personal stress management
Documents to provide
- Cover letter in English (maximum 1 page).
- Updated CV in English (maximum 2 pages).
- Scan of diploma(s) and work certificate(s) relevant for the position.
- Scan of your ID.
Submit your application via Form Stack only through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
before 6th of April 2019.
Only successful applicants will be called for the written test and interview.
No telephone inquiries please