Open Recruitment / Daily Worker Pool
Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières France
No 01/2021 MEDICAL DOCTORS - Gaza Project
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
Provide outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients / beneficiaries health conditions.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits , consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- To take decisions when needed about procedures, exams, emergency treatments and stabilization of the patient according to MSF protocols and in collaboration with the medical team (other med doctors, anaesthetist, nurses) under the supervisions of the MAM.
- Follow admission criteria for OPD and IPD and, together with all medical team, to follow the maximum duration of stay of the patient in IPD or OPD program according to the criteria, refer the patients not under MSF criteria to another facilities
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines (especially narcotics) and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care of the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- When requested to participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or MTL about any problem or complication of the patients’ illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
- Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
- Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are always followed and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
- Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
- Ensures CONFIDENTIALITY for all patients is RESPECTED.
- Out patients department: MSF post operative care clinics
- Provide consultation for burn and trauma patients in the 4 different clinics
- Collaborate with orthopedic surgeon, plastic surgeon and antibiotic stewardship
- Ensure correct pain management and collaborate with multidisciplinary pain team
- Fill all the files required for the proper follow up of patients
- Ensure data collection inside the clinics
- Ensure proper treatment plan according to the needs of the patient and MSF protocols
- Ensure the admission criteria is followed
- Ensure the transport criteria is in place and been properly followed
- In Patients department : MSF IPD
- Ensure daily rounds and collaborate with the multidisciplinary IPD team
- Fill the patient’s medical file, prescription chart and ensure they are understood by the nursing team
- Prescribe and receive lab tests according to needs
- Ensure all medical papers as referral papers are correctly filled
- Ensure the patients are informed properly about their treatment plan, about the complications and about the discharge from IPD to OPD.
- Participate to meetings according to the needs and requests
- Participate in both OPD and IPD activity according to rotation
- Ensure accurate use of narcotics and its distribution
- Collaborate with all the teams for the good of the patient
- Work closely and keep a proper communication with HP and PSS teams according to the needs of the patient
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Medical Doctor Bachelor degree
- Desirable diploma in Tropical Medicine
- 2-year experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work.
- Desirable experience with Burns and Trauma patients, with general practice, general medicine or minor surgery.
- Fluency in English essential
- Local language desirable
- People Management.
Applicants must show their willingness by submitting an updated CV with motivation letter, diploma or professional card attached no later than the 07 February 2021 at 16:00 pm to the following email address
stating the job title in the subject line:
‘No 01/2021 MEDICAL DOCTORS - Gaza Project’
ONLY APPLICATIONS IN ENGLISH AND WITH THE ABOVE MAIL TITLE WILL BE CONSIDERED VALID