Handicap International (which runs projects under its operating name, Humanity & Inclusion), is an independent and impartial international aid organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights. Handicap International is a not-for-profit organisation with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations.
Under the line management of the Regional MEAL Manager, the Country MEAL Technical Officer will be responsible for tracking the progress and assessing the impact of HI projects, through collection and analysis of data
Responsibility 1: Contribute to the implementation and update of the M&E tools and necessary processes (25%)
Objective: Support the Regional MEAL Unit in defining the MEAL strategy and SOPs.
- In coordination with the Regional MEAL Manager, contribute to the proposition of methodologies for measuring the projects impact
- Contribute to the implementation of tools, questionnaires and surveys that address program needs within MEAL plans
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of monitoring tools and provision of lessons learned on the MEAL processes when necessary
- Support and promote initiatives to evaluate the quality of the interventions, develop required tools and capitalize on findings and recommendations
- Contribute in the design of M&E systems (MEAL Plans, Calendars, Indicator Matrices, etc.).
Responsibility 2: Lead different M&E activities (35%)
Objective: Supervision of Monitoring and Evaluation data collection exercises
- Supervise the process of information collection from the field sites, through questionnaires, observations and focus group discussions, focusing in particular on the following subjects:
- impact of HI activities on beneficiaries’ life conditions
- satisfaction of beneficiaries with regards to the activities implemented by HI
- potential complaints regarding HI intervention
- potential negative impacts of HI intervention on the community
- supervise the MEAL workers (if any) in the activities implementation at field level
- Properly use the data collection tools and templates, respect and apply the guidelines and standard operating procedures.
- Ensure data collected is entered and cross-checked on a weekly basis, using either Excel or KOBO
- At the end of the data collection process, conduct final data cleaning and preliminary analysis using Excel or Power Bi. Produce tables and graphics that will be used in the final monitoring and evaluation report.
Responsibility 3: Lead the data analysis and reporting on the M&E activities and project results based on Regional MEAL Manager requests (25%)
Objective: Support in providing relevant data analysis and presentation of results.
- Provide relevant analysis of the collected data and produce information on project’s outputs, outcomes and impacts
- Generate comprehensive data for reporting on key variables
- Generate comprehensive quantitative data on activities using the different follow up tools
- Promptly report on the collected information, participate in the reports writing process and collaborate with the MEAL Supervisor in preparing monitoring and evaluation reports.
- From data collection and meeting with beneficiaries, support the Regional MEAL Manager in formulating recommendations to improve HI activities.
- Participate in sharing information collected, findings and recommendations to program teams as often as required.
- Report on potential problems, challenges, or constraints faced in the field to the MEAL Supervisor.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with the other departments of the organization.
- If needed, Maintain program records and regular archiving of all monitoring & evaluation documents
Responsibility 4: Contribute to HI Accountability and Learning (15%)
Objective: Support in the development and implementation of accountability framework
- With the Regional MEAL Manager and/or Accountability Officer support, participate in the review of internal compliant mechanisms policy and make it operational;
- Under the supervision of the Regional MEAL Manager, contribute to the development of simple mechanisms for the systematic collection of project updates, case studies and success stories, by liaising with project’s teams and support the operationalization of the lessons learnt guidelines;
- Provide regular and record feedback (for beneficiaries and partners) through the Regional MEAL Manager or by delegation, related to planning, tools to be adopted and achievements to enhance project performance;
- Keep record of the lessons learnt and the recommendations provided (mainly by evaluators) and support the follow up as needed;
Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager. Working in different field bases is needed.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
The successful candidate should at least have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences; Statisitcs and/or Computer Sciences or Relevant
- At least 2 years of experience in the field of humanitarian assistance, including at least 2 years’ Monitoring and Evaluation experience, in the design of monitoring tools, data collection, data analysis, visualization and report writing
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, including WORD, POWERPOINT and EXCEL
- English & Arabic language skills
- Experience in Power Bi.
- Experience in working with vulnerable groups
- Ability to respect deadline and work under pressure
- Very positive personality, with strong orientation towards solutions
Adaptability, flexibility and Autonomy in work
HI workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in HI Code of conduct. In accordance with these values, HI operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption.
Initial contract will be for a period of 11 months, and the position is based in Ramallah with frequent movement to Jerusalem & Gaza Offices
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and
Particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities
Interested candidates can send their resume with a cover letter to reach on or before the 4th of January 2023, to [email protected] indicating your full name and the job title (MEAL Technical Officer) in the subject line in your e-mail application. Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will be disregarded.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and those shortlisted will be contacted.
Applicants who had previously applied need not re-apply, as their applications will be considered.