The Opportunity – Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) Senior Officer
Contract Duration: 24 months
Contract type: National
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Senior Officer is responsible for supporting MEAL planning, implementation, and the follow up for the Gaza Field Office projects as part of the implementation team. The post holder is responsible for providing support in the development and execution of annual MEAL plans; development and/or adaption of MEAL tools; training of staff, communities and partners in key MEAL concepts and skills; documentation and dissemination of key learnings from MEAL and research results in support of the project objectives and outcomes; and ensuring that all Gaza projects are accountable to beneficiaries and other stakeholders in line with Save the Children and donor policies and practices. The Senior MEAL Officer undertakes this role in close collaboration with the Programmes staff and key stakeholders and in consultation with the MEAL Manager.
The MEAL Senior Officer is the Focal Person for Child safeguarding Policy in Gaza.
As a member of the Gaza FO local management team contribute to leadership functions including program responsiveness to the needs, creating a culture of cooperation and strengthen teamwork and support in the overall FO operations and programming oversight.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
Key Area 1- Set Up of MEAL systems:
- Take a leading role in the setup of quality Monitoring Evaluation, Accountability and Learning systems for Gaza projects.
- Provide ongoing technical assistance to programs to ensure that systems are optimally utilized and that accountability measures are in effect and that learning opportunities occur for each program.
- Lead the development and implementation of various data reporting systems, tools and templates for Gaza projects (a) to generate quality evidence in various programme levels (monitoring of inputs, outputs, outcomes, etc.), (b) enable and enhance regular monitoring of outputs and programme quality in emergency response, (c) ensure use of data for decision making processes, etc.
- Provide technical assistance for reporting systems, tools and templates (a) to generate quality evidence in various programme levels (monitoring of inputs, outputs, outcomes, etc.), (b) enable and enhance regular monitoring of outputs and programme quality in emergency response, (c) ensure use of data for decision making processes, etc. lead the development of project specific database.to ensure quality tracking and reporting against output and outcome indicators.
- Provide Monitoring Evaluation, Accountability and Learning related support to downstream partners in the projects. This includes coordinating routine monitoring and training of relevant partners in MEAL methodologies and tools (including sampling techniques, data collection tools and techniques, data analysis and reporting).
- Support in updating Management Information System (data base) and relevant tools for the projects.
- Make sure that all Gaza projects are connected to the newly digitalized MEAL system.
Key Area 2: Ongoing Monitoring and Evaluation
- Contribute to the development of quality concept notes and proposals with a stronger focus on MEAL related component such as the development and review of logframe matrix as well as MEAL budgeting.
- In collaboration with program teams, prepare the MEAL Plans for on-going programs and new programs, including timeframe of activities, data collection methodology, tools to be used and expected delivery.
- In close cooperation with programs, conduct regular review and follow-up of results frameworks, logframe matrix and MEAL plans in order to ensure provision of technical assistance and guidance.
- Support the development of Quality Benchmarks for activities’ implementation in collaboration with thematic TAs and programme team.
- Provide technical assistance to enable staff and partners to utilize the systems appropriately and suggest adjustments to systems and tools as necessary.
- Making sure that all MEAL forms are completed adequately and that any missing or mistakes are properly addressed.
- Work with project staff and partners to ensure timely collection of data and the preparation of accurate and clear reports.
- Support the design and implementation of any internal and external program/project evaluations for Gaza FO as necessary and ensure the execution of baseline, periodic, and final evaluations as necessary in close coordination with projects staff and the CO MEAL team.
- Contribute to producing regular reports and updates on programs progress and contribute to donor reporting requirements, ensuring accuracy and quality of reporting.
- Support Programme team to implement the MEAL frameworks for the Gaza projects.
- Provide ongoing support in reviewing the MEAL framework, plans and tools for Gaza projects.
- Provide feedback for field-based partner project staff in the project impact areas through regular contact, field visits and meetings; and undertaking data quality assurance (DQA) and the use of the Quality Benchmarks.
Key Area 3: Accountability and Learning:
- Ensure and support implementation of Accountability systems that are compliant with SCI protocols, and other relevant quality standards for emergency programming.
- In close collaboration with the MEAL manager; manage the Complaint Response Mechanism and referral system of SCI mission (proper reception, logging, referral, follow up of the cases and feedbacks).
- Support project teams and partner organization to apply accountability standards.
- Encourage learning based on best practices, lessons and feedback captured from beneficiaries to guide the design and implementation of programs.
- Build the internal capacity for staff and partners on MEAL implementation and data usability
- Responsible for designing and implementing a learning and feedback mechanism to ensure regular reports are generated from monitoring data and that findings are communicated effectively to staff and SMT.
- Provide support in regular documentation and sharing/dissemination of lessons learned, case studies and best practices (through monthly, quarterly and annual reports, presentations etc.) to inform on-going implementation, advocacy and future programming.
- Promote accountability in general and to children in particular, among all staff, community and district levels in the project impact areas, through: training, coaching and follow up, facilitating establishment and utilisation of appropriate feedback mechanisms to improve programming and enhance accountability.
- Support consistent and systematic integration of MEAL issues into the Gaza projects (identification of gaps in the implementation and facilitating identification of solutions to enhance quality implementation.)
- Follow up on the implementation status of project activities based on review recommendations.
Key Area 4: Country office MEAL responsibilities:
- Contribute to the CO reporting requirements including CSP, CAP, CAR, Programme Quality KPIs and any MEAL related members/donors reporting.
- Contribute to the data collection, data analysis and reporting on SCI global indicators. (Strategic Results Reporting, TR, etc).
- Responsible for building the capacity of SC Gaza staff and partners on MEAL systems and methods, as well as any other SCI Global/ member MEAL techniques.
- Manage output tracker, a beneficiary complaints feedback mechanism and other quality MEAL systems for Gaza emergency response.
- In cooperation with ERT support the development of periodic situation reports to be shared with SCI members and donors.
- Responsible for providing technical support to emergency country team in developing and rolling-out M&E plans in emergency context.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor degree in social science, statistics or any equivalent field.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Monitoring and Evaluation and research experience within humanitarian or development sector, preferably with non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
- High level ability in quantitative as well as qualitative research methods.
- Significant experience in designing and maintenance of management information systems and tools.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to effectively use Microsoft Excel, SPSS, ACCESS and similar statistical packages.
- High level of understanding and ability to critically review research/evaluation reports by independent consultants.
- Ability to communicate scientific data to communities, programme staff, and partners in a simple and clear manner.
- Good personal organizational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
- Willingness to travel to the field and work in challenging environments from time to time.
A flexible and initiative-taking, proactive attitude with the ability to manage and prioritise an unpredictable workload.Ability to work within a multicultural setting.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector.
Save the Children works in development and humanitarian contexts with children and partners to help families, communities, and governments identify and use innovations to ensure all children survive, learn and are protected.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة