Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS has been present in Jerusalem, West Bank, and Gaza (JWBG) since 1961 and currently supports programs in the sectors of humanitarian relief & recovery, livelihoods, civil society strengthening, and social justice promotion through its field offices in Jerusalem, Gaza, Ramallah and Bethlehem. For further information about CRS, please visit: www.crs.org.
The MEAL Project Officer (MEAL PO) will support CRS’ work in the West Bank across multiple projects in the areas of agriculture and emergency response. The MEAL PO will monitor and report on all project activities in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work to serve the poor and vulnerable. The PO’s thorough and service-oriented approach to monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning (MEAL) will ensure that the project consistently applies best practices in MEAL and constantly works towards improving impact of its benefits to those we serve.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Lead the coordination and implementation of all project MEAL activities as outlined in the MEAL Operating Manual and detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles, standards and MEAL policies, procedures, and practices; donor MEAL requirements; and industry good practices.
- Clean, analyze and visualize FCRM and monitoring data and produce succinct high-quality reports that enable timely and informed decision making.
- Ensure all project monitoring data meets data quality dimensions (validity, reliability, precision, integrity and timeliness) through establishing and operationalizing data quality measures.
- Support partner field-level project MEAL activities (including digital data collection) to ensure quality and timely monitoring data through enumerator training, soliciting, and incorporating enumerator feedback on data collection tools and following up with partner staff as needed when data quality issues arise.
- Experience in participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data preferred.
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in project support.
- Minimum of 1 year of work experience in monitoring & evaluation (managing and analyzing data).
- Experience in emergency and/or livelihoods projects for an NGO would be a plus.
- Additional experience may substitute for some education.Proactive, results-oriented and service-orientedExperience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required; experience with ICT4D (e.g. CommCare and PowerBI) a plus.
- Participate and contribute to project review meetings by summarizing, visualizing, and presenting project monitoring and FCRM data, facilitating reflection and interpretation around this data and documenting action items and recommendations based on the discussion.
- Manage the implementation of, and community sensitization, to the project’s feedback, complaints and response mechanism (FCRM), and corresponding data, in line with the Country Program FCRM Standard Operating Procedures and in close coordination with the Accountability Officer.
- Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to programmatic and MEAL plans.
- Support the dissemination of the CRS Safeguarding Policy & Code of Conduct and Ethics to local implementing partners, project beneficiaries, and relevant community members, including mechanisms to safely make a report or provide feedback; ensure compliance with this policy and immediately notify supervisor of any concerns.
Required Languages – English and Arabic fluency required.
Travel – regular travel within the West Bank required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners and community members
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: none
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Program Manager, project team, Accountability Officer, MEAL Technical Advisor, operations staff and other staff and consultants dedicated to the project.
External: Agricultural key actors, Ministry of Agriculture and local implementing partners
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
APPLICATION INSTUCTIONS: Interested candidates with relevant education and work experience are invited to complete an application which addresses the positions requirements. In order to be considered for the position, candidates must submit both a CV and a cover letter, in English. Applications which fail to meet these requirements will not be considered. Applications must be submitted online at jobs.crsjwbg.org and will be reviewed on a rolling basis. This posting will remain open until filled, however, submission by October 13th, 2023 is strongly advised.