Job Title: MEAL Project Officer
Department: Program Team
Reports To: Program Manager
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS has been present in Jerusalem, West Bank, and Gaza (JWBG) since 1961 and currently supports programs in the sectors of humanitarian relief, livelihoods, civil society strengthening, and social justice promotion throughout Jerusalem, Gaza, and the West Bank. For further information about CRS, please visit: www.crs.org.
CRS is preparing to launch large scale projects designed to build resilience among vulnerable Gazan families. The holistic recovery projects are underpinned by psychosocial support (PSS), targeting the wide range of families in target communities in need of psychosocial supports, including from the most recent conflict. The project will also support the most acutely vulnerable in need of shelter assistance and/or Cash-for-Work (CfW). The projects’ holistic approach, including strong internal referral system, will enable the project to leverage the positive impacts of these complementary supports to promote the resilience of acutely vulnerable, crisis-affected Gazan communities, particularly women and girls.
As a key member of the project team, the MEAL Project Officer (MEAL PO) will monitor and report on all project activities in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work to serve the poor and vulnerable. The PO’s thorough and service-oriented approach to monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning (MEAL) will ensure that the project consistently applies best practices in MEAL and constantly works towards improving impact of its benefits to those we serve.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, contribute to the recruitment process of project staff, and complete performance management for direct reports.
- Lead the coordination and implementation of all project MEAL activities as outlined in the Detailed Implementation Plan in line with CRS program quality principles, standards and MEAL policies, procedures, and practices; donor MEAL requirements; and industry good practices.
- Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to MEAL plans and implementation schedules.
- Manage the implementation of the project’s feedback and complaints response mechanism (FCRM). Support actively seeking and responding to feedback from all members of targeted communities and other stakeholders as defined by the FCRM.
- Support the dissemination of the CRS Safeguarding Policy & Code of Conduct and Ethics to local implementing partners, project beneficiaries, and relevant community members, including mechanisms to safely make report or provide feedback; ensure compliance with this policy and immediately notify supervisor of any concerns.
- Support field-level project MEAL activities (including digital data collection) and assist CSOs in their efforts to collect and ensure timely analysis of project data per specified mechanisms and tools.
- Complete project documentation for assigned activities. Assist with identifying information for case studies and reports on promising practices. Prepare reports per established reporting schedule.
- Support program learning and decision making by posing thoughtful questions, engaging with project data, reflecting upon and sharing with project management the information gathered from community members and partners.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience required, including at least 2 years experience in MEAL and/or capacity strengthening projects for an NGO.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required.
Required Languages – English and Arabic fluency required.
Travel – regular travel within Jerusalem and the West Bank required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners and community members
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
- Experience with ICT4D platforms (e.g. CommCare and PowerBI) for the collection, analysis, and visualization of data a plus.
- Experience contributing to, and working on, complex MEAL frameworks
- Experiencing with producing high-quality and timely MEAL deliverables
- Experience supporting partners or local organizations in developing project-specific MEAL plans preferred.
- Experience with inclusive MEAL, participatory assessment processes, and engaging vulnerable groups in MEAL processes preferred.
- Experience leading MEAL Plan development, with an emphasis on learning and adaptive management preferred.
- Experience with Feedback and Complaints Response Mechanisms preferred.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: TBD
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Program Manager, project team, MEAL Manager, MEAL Technical Advisor, operations staff and other staff and consultants dedicated to the project.
External: Partner staff, key actors, peer agencies
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة