CRS has been present in Jerusalem, West Bank, and Gaza (JWBG) since 1961 and currently supports programs in the sectors of health, humanitarian relief, livelihoods, civil society strengthening, and social justice promotion through its offices in Jerusalem, the West Bank, and Gaza. In the West Bank, CRS is currently implementing Strengthening Herders’ Resilience, a four-year agricultural livelihoods project funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
For further information about CRS, please visit: www.crs.org.
As a key member of the Strengthening Herders’ Resilience project team, the MEAL Project Officer (MEAL PO) will monitor and report on all project activities in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work to serve the poor and vulnerable. The PO’s thorough and service-oriented approach to monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning (MEAL) will ensure that the project consistently applies best practices in MEAL and constantly works towards improving impact of its benefits to those we serve.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, contribute to the recruitment process of project staff, and complete performance management for direct reports.
- Lead the coordination and implementation of all project MEAL activities as outlined in the Detailed Implementation Plan in line with CRS program quality principles, standards and MEAL policies, procedures, and practices; donor MEAL requirements; and industry good practices.
- Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to MEAL plans and implementation schedules.
- Manage the implementation of the project’s feedback and response mechanism (FRM). Support actively seeking and responding to feedback from all members of targeted communities and other stakeholders as defined by the FRM.
- Support field-level project MEAL activities (including digital data collection) and assist partners in their efforts to collect and ensure timely analysis of project data per specified mechanisms and tools.
- Complete project documentation for assigned activities. Assist with identifying information for case studies and reports on promising practices. Prepare reports per established reporting schedule.
- Support program learning and decision making by posing thoughtful questions, engaging with project data, reflecting upon and sharing with project management the information gathered from community members and partners.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in project support. Experience in MEAL and/or agricultural livelihoods projects for an NGO would be a plus.
- Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners and community members
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
- Experience in participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data preferred.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required; experience with ICT4D (e.g. CommCare and PowerBI) a plus.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship