Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding. For further information about CRS, please visit: www.crs.org.
CRS has been present in Jerusalem, West Bank, and Gaza (JWBG) since 1961 and currently supports programs in the sectors of health, humanitarian relief, livelihoods, civil society strengthening, and social justice promotion through its offices in Jerusalem, the West Bank, and Gaza.
The MEAL Project Manager will oversee monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning (MEAL) across the CRS programming portfolio, furthering the achievement of project objectives and advancing Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. The MEAL Manager’s management and MEAL skills and knowledge will ensure that all projects utilize high-quality MEAL to deliver effective and accountable programming, while continuously improving its impact. This position in based on Gaza.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Ensure the development, operationalization, quality management and implementation of project MEAL plans, tools and activities in accordance with CRS MEAL requirements, good practices, and donor requirements.
- Effectively manage talent and supervise CP accountability staff. Provide excellent matrix management, technical guidance and capacity building for MEAL staff to meet their job requirements. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, contribute to the recruitment process of MEAL staff, and complete performance management for direct reports. Ensure strong team dynamics and support staff well-being.
- Provide technical leadership for quality MEAL design, including tools and methods, appropriate to scope, context, and technical requirements of projects.
- Provide technical leadership for analysis of MEAL data, qualitative and quantitative. Ensure quality of data and data management practices informed by periodic data quality assessments. Integrate timely data analysis, reflection and interpretation and use with ongoing project activities.
- Enable the project team to regularly and timely reflect on project data throughout the project cycle to inform adaptive management of the project.
- Oversee accountability throughout the Country Program, including implementation of the Feedback, Complaints and Response Mechanism (FCRM), in alignment with the FCRM Standard Operating Procedure. Proactively identify issues, report them to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules. Ensure the management of the FCRM upholds the agency’s commitment to safeguarding.
- Identify staff capacity needs and technical assistance needs of partner organizations and contribute to capacity strengthening and required interventions to support quality project implementation.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Master’s Degree in International Relations or in the field of MEAL would be a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in project management, ideally in MEAL or a related field for an NGO.
- Staff supervision experience required; demonstrated competency in building buy in and collaboration with counterpart teams strongly preferred.
- Strong experience analyzing data required; experience facilitating evaluation and learning processes preferred.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Required Languages – English and Arabic fluency required.
Travel – No travel required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment.
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively with local stakeholders. Representation abilities.
- Ability to contribute to written reports.
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented.
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities.
- Experience with data management and visualization software.
- Experience with software for data collection and storage / management.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: FCRM Project Assistant; matrix management of MEAL staff
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Program and Project Managers, Emergency Director, Project Officers, Field Officers, Regional MEAL Regional Technical Advisor; ICT Manager, other CP and regional staff.
External: MEAL consultant; project partners.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer