EducAid is an Italian NGO working in the Palestinian Territory since 2003 with the aim of strengthening the rights of persons with disabilities.
In the framework of the project "“Nothing about us without us: Strengthening the role and capabilities of Disable People Organizations (DPOs)” (AID.011869) and to complete building its human resources in the West Bank office, EducAid announces its need to hire a MEAL Officer according to the following criteria:
Duties and Responsibilities:
Working closely with all EducAid staff in the Country, under the supervision of the Head of
Mission and relevant Project Managers, the MEAL Officer will be responsible for monitoring
the correct implementation of the projects.
In particular, the MEAL Officer will:
- Develop and strengthen monitoring, inspection and evaluation tools and procedures for the
project components and activities.
- Monitor all projects’ activities and progress towards achieving the project outputs.
- Recommend further improvement of the logical framework of current projects and in the
project design phase.
- Develop monitoring and impact indicator for the project success.
- Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of project results.
- Monitor the sustainability of the project's results.
- Provide feedback to the Project Managers and field coordinators on project strategies and
- Suggest strategies to the Project Managers for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of
the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans
to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks.
- Collect monthly progress reports from coordinators of all projects implemented in WB.
- Participate in all the project team meetings and briefings.
- Report quarterly on progress status regarding projects.
- Collect data (i.e. pre-post questionnaire) when main activities are implemented in all project
activities on PM request.
- Periodically assess the organization’s partners’ skills, level of participation and engagement.
- Conduct capacity assessment on existing monitoring and evaluation system.
- Develop internal indicators and a monitoring strategy for projects and programmes.
- Meet periodically (i.e. monthly) with all PMs to discuss project activities and measure the
progress against indicators.
- Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist the Project Manager
in preparing relevant reports.
- Support PM in final or mid-term evaluation or any other kind of evaluation on all the
- Set up and oversee a complaint mechanism allowing partners, beneficiaries and other
stakeholders involved in EducAid’s projects to submit complaints about inefficiencies,
misconducts or abuse.
- Assist the project personnel with M&E tools and support them in their correct and efficient
- Perform other duties related to monitoring and evaluation as required.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- University Degree preferably in Developmental studies, Economics or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in the design and implementation of M&E/ in development projects implemented by national/international NGOs.
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports;
- Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software;
- Strong training & facilitation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both Arabic and English.
- Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships
- Plans, coordinates and organises workload while remaining aware of changing Priorities and competing deadlines
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support
- In-depth knowledge on M&E and development issues
- Excellent knowledge of monitoring and the application of methodology: Good understanding of capacity assessment methodologies; excellent ability to identify significant capacity building opportunities;
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral): Sensitivity to and responsiveness to all partners, Respectful and helpful relations with donors and project staff.
- Ability to lead implementation of new systems (business side), and affect staff behavioural/ attitudinal change
- Focuses on result for the client
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view
- Solicits feedback from staff about the impact of his/her own behavior
- Valid clean driving license is advance
Applicants are invited to send their CV, one reference, and a motivation letter in English or Arabic stating why you are a suitable candidate for this position to the following address: [email protected]
Deadline for application: 7 June 2022
Please clearly write "MEAL Officer" followed by your name in the email's subject if you want to be considered for this position
Persons with Disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for all EducAid positions.