Position Title: MEAL officer
Period: One year with possibility of extension
PARC is a national developmental organization that strives to develop the agricultural sector, strengthen the resilience of farmers, reach out to the poor and marginalized groups and their CBO’s, mobilize and develop the capabilities of rural people to enable them to control their resources, through the work of a distinguished professional teams and a loyal volunteer. This has been accomplished through creative programs and transparent management and through technical practices to contribute to the establishment of a free and democratic Palestinian society with the values of social justice.
Job purpose summary:
The MEAL Officer is primarily responsible for establishing and overseeing a functional MEAL system. This position is crucial to the management and implementation of programs by providing a strong evidence base and continual learning to improve monitoring of programs, ensure that lessons learnt are built into improved program delivery and program design and to build the capacity of staff to strengthen their monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning systems and approaches.
The MEAL officer will be responsible for working closely with programs and projects staff, and field supervisor to develop and implement best-practice monitoring and evaluation tools and assessments. This will include training field staff on best practice approaches to data collection, including ensuring the confidentiality and rights of beneficiaries are respected. The MEAL officer will support the analysis of results and help develop products to disseminate the findings of surveys and assessments, including drafting assessment reports.
The MEAL officer will also support the establishment and monitoring of accountability to affected target group and processes, ensuring high standards of transparency and protecting the privacy of those using the system.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly
Main Tasks and Duties:
Accountability and Monitoring Systems
- Develop and/or update M&E tools, databases and monthly reporting formats in close collaboration with the MEAL focal points/sectoral managers.
- Support the staff in mobile data collection; using the organization system.
- Conduct data audits and analysis to ensure high quality data, compile a report with relevant indicator data per grant, showing targets versus actuals and an action plan and send this to the Field Coordinator, MEAL Manager, and Technical Managers and Coordinators on a monthly basis.
- Beneficiary counting: a quarterly gender and age disaggregated overview per grant per sector should be provided.
- Advise staff on data management and storage to field staff.
- Manage the development of effective and sustainable feedback mechanisms to PARC from program beneficiaries/stakeholders.
- Contribute to the rollout of PARC global strategic initiatives related to measurement and accountability, and enable reporting against PARC global standards and requirements,
- Monitor overall project implementation and provide feedback for Field Office staff
Assessment, Learning, and Documentation
- Ensure relevant, timely, and quality support to the Field Office on assessments and evaluations; i.e. support in developing the survey tools, data analysis and report writing.
- Attend and participate in semi-annual meetings with program Managers on project monitoring and learning updates, achievements, challenges.
- Provide documentation and dissemination of key findings stemming from monitoring, assessment, and other learning activities.
- Track and ensure organized, comprehensive electronic filing of documented findings/analyses.
- When appropriate/applicable, facilitate and participate in information sharing opportunities among PARC offices/partners/donors.
- Collect and file success stories, pictures, legal documents etc. and file
- Facilitate capacity building for other PARC staff on skills and knowledge related to M&E and accountability and learning, including related PARC initiatives. Relevant topics may include but are not limited to, designing monitoring tools, monitoring budgets, analyzing monitoring data, conducting assessment/ evaluation, and implementing feedback mechanisms.
- Conduct visits to Shire camps and intervention areas to provide training, technical assistance, and support, as well as to ensure that accountability and learning tools and strategies are understood and being implemented effectively
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications, Requirements, and Competences:
Masters or Bachelor degree in monitoring and evaluation; social sciences; systems science, and/or other relevant fields with at five years of relevant professional work experience respectively.
- Minimum of five years’ experience, preferably in an international NGO, NGOs in similar role/with similar responsibilities.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English and Arabic
- Demonstrated understanding of direct monitoring and evaluation experience, specifically in the humanitarian and development context.
- Demonstrated experience developing tools and systems for, and building capacity of others in skills related to, program tracking and documentation.
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methodologies, including logical models, conceptual frameworks, and assessment/evaluation.
- Demonstrated experience of implementing beneficiary complaint and feedback mechanisms.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Preferred knowledge of mobile data collection tools
- Familiarity with information management systems and analysis software is a plus.
- Effective, high-quality communication, writing, and interpersonal skills are essential, and local language is a plus.
- Ability to work under pressure, long work hours, and high workload.
- Ability to independently organize work and prioritize tasks.
- Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, and punctual.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Only applicants who have the required qualities, experience, and skills will be considered. Interested applicants must include (a) A resume (in English) and (b) a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position (in English)
Please submit your application by e- mail to www.pal-arc.org/jobs to the attention of the HR Department no later than 12, Sep. 2021 and include the job title (MEAL Officer) in the subject line and cover letter.
Applications received after this date or that do not meet the qualifications above will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.