CONTEXT AND BACKGROUND
Founded in 1992, Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a non-governmental organization for international solidarity with a social and humanitarian mission With a presence in Asia, the Middle East, Africa and Europe, Secours Islamique France assists the peoples through its emergency aid, development and orphan sponsorship programs in over 30 countries wherever humanitarian and social needs exist, without regard to race, religion or gender.
SIF Gaza Strip Office was established in 2008, and since then, the Office has developed a comprehensive knowledge of the local context and understanding of local needs. SIF Gaza Strip Office is a member of the Food Security, WASH, Education, Child Protection, Health & Nutrition and Shelter/NFIs clusters since many years and plays an active role in most of clusters’ meetings. SIF Gaza Strip Office also works in coordination with many local and international and humanitarian organizations and local NGOs in Gaza Strip to assess, share information and coordinate projects implementation with The Palestinian Authority (PA) to obtain authorizations.
ROLE IN THE ORGANIZATION
MEAL Officer, under the supervision of MEAL Manager, is responsible for carrying out and developing, monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning activities in the organization. S/he will work in close cooperation with SIF programs’ teams consisting of food security and livelihoods, WASH, shelter, protection and seasonal and emergency. The MEAL Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Support MEAL Manager in developing the base Monitoring and Evaluation (M& E) plan for SIF Gaza Office;
- Design and develop M & E tools for Gaza programs in compliance with MEAL strategy;
- Keep accurate records of data, activities and community/beneficiaries’ participation in monitoring activities;
- Ensure that data is collected and recorded ethically and within the remits of SIF policy on confidentiality and consent;
- Ensure data quality measures implemented during data flow process and meeting the standards;
-Participate in developing MEAL Standard Operation Procedures and assist in staff training;
- Conduct regular field visits as key task of the MEAL Department to all running activities and develop the required field reports;
- Integrate protection and gender perspectives in all areas of work, to ensure equal participation of women, men, boys and girls, and people with disabilities in data collection processes;
- Participate in projects’ specific assessments (baseline, end line) and a multi-sectorial needs assessment and support in beneficiary selection process.
- Support MEAL Manager in developing the information materials for complaint and feedback mechanisms;
- Support MEAL Manager in training staff on internal feedback guidelines and relevant Protocols;
- Manage the beneficiary feedback mechanism by receiving and filing complaints based on the pre-established protocols;
- Keep complaints records confidential and only accessible to relevant staff according to the internal feedback mechanism guidelines;
- Support MEAL Manager in training other team members on M & E tools and skills as appropriate including needs analysis of team; - Participate and/or facilitate internal and external project evaluations, and learning exercises;
- Support internal improvement processes (theory of changes, Log Frames and strategies);
- Identify and document lessons learned, generate best practices in cooperation with Field Officers, Heads of Projects, and on request by the Program Managers
-Participate/facilitate in internal projects evaluations and learning reviews that are intended for lessons learned and operational decision making.
- Prepare regular monitoring reports including ongoing data analysis with status of implementation progress;
- Prepare Focus Group Discussion and other qualitative reports (i.e. utilizing the Most Significant Change methodology);
- Support the MEAL Manager in drafting assessment/survey reports;
- Participate in the preparation of Indicators & Beneficiaries Progress Report (IBPR) and International Strategic Plan (ISP) report;
- Assist MEAL Manager and programs in data collection, analysis and reporting, and identify areas for improvement; - Perform any other duties related as may be assigned.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
- A Bachelor degree from an accredited university or its equivalent in business administration or related fields and equivalent work experience;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience relevant to monitoring and evaluation work and experience; two of them in INGO
- Experience in project’s proposal & report writings; planning; implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in developing links with NGOs; INGOs, government agencies & other stakeholders;
- Ability to build, manage and motivate teams and individuals to achieve set objectives and targets;
- Experience in and commitment to participatory management and maintaining a supportive, open environment to ensure the transferring of knowledge & development of all staff.
- Very good written and spoken English (essential);
- Very good communication skills and flexibility;
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, internet and e-mail);
- Ability to travel frequently and under the particular travel requirements of the assignment.
Humble and flexible, force proposal and initiative, capacity to prioritize, sense of responsibility and coordination skills, good interpersonal skills, patient and ready to listen to people, open-minded and collective approach and strong humanitarian motivation.
Location: Gaza Strip
Duration: 1 year.
Starting Date: As Soon As Possible
MEAL Officer: (Ref #: 2020/05/MO)
Interested candidates are requested to send the followings:
- Their CV,
- Letter of Motivation with the Ref # of the post (as indicated above).
- Two professional references for the last two employers with their contacts’ information.
All above documents should be sent not later than 02:00 p.m. on 24.06.2020 to the following e-mail address:
Faxed CV’s or emails without the Post Title & Ref # will be neglected. Only candidates possessing relevant experiences will be considered.
Secours Islamique France is an equal opportunity employer