Job Title: MEAL Field Officer
Reports To: MEAL Project Officer
Country/Location: Gaza – CRS JWBG
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS has been present in Jerusalem, West Bank, and Gaza (JWBG) since 1961 and currently supports programs in the sectors of humanitarian relief, livelihoods, civil society strengthening, and social justice promotion through its field offices in Jerusalem, Gaza, and Bethlehem. For further information about CRS, please visit: www.crs.org.
Salalem is an innovative, five-year project that focuses on improving the skills and professional networks of young women and youth with disabilities, enabling them to enter and remain in the labor market. This project further seeks to build support from key influencers in the home, workplace, and community, creating an enabling environment in which young women and youth with disabilities realize increased agency and self-reliance. Through Salalem, these marginalized individuals in Gaza and the West Bank will become better prepared for jobs, with opportunities to contribute to the well-being of their families and communities.
As a member of the Salalem project team, the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) Field Officer (FO) will be responsible for supporting the implementation of MEAL systems at all stages of project through data management and field monitoring, working in close coordination with the CRS project team and local implementing partners in Gaza and the West Bank to monitor project activities. Your thorough and service-oriented approach to monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning will ensure that the project consistently applies best practices in MEAL and constantly works towards improving the impact of the project for the people we serve.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Carry out MEAL-related activities at the field level, collecting data regularly in accordance with the project MEAL plan, ensuring adherence of activities with CRS MEAL Policies and Procedures and strengthening systems to support quality project implementation.
- Coordinate, monitor, and report on project data (quantitative and qualitative) collection activities, using ICT4MEAL solutions; in close coordination with the project team and local implementing partner staff, ensure and contribute to data compilation, data quality, support strong analysis, interpretation to reports, and documentation of MEAL activities..
- Assist with implementation of the project’s feedback, complaint, and response mechanism (FCRM), including sensitizing communities and partners on FCRM use. Support actively seeking and responding to feedback from all members of targeted communities and other stakeholders as defined by the FCRM in compliance with the CRS Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct and Ethics.
- Under the guidance of the MEAL Project Officer, coordinate communication and facilitate MEAL- related information sharing among the project team, local implementing partners, and project
beneficiaries at the community level to assist local partners in strengthening the community interest, involvement, and support networks.
- Liaise with various community stakeholders and mobilize them to ensure full involvement of community leaders and representatives in the overall implementation and improvement of project MEAL activities.
- Under the supervision of the MEAL Project Officer, help to organize and facilitate learning events and ensure that learning properly accompanies project activities throughout the project cycle.
- Coordinate project administrative and logistics needs for implementing MEAL activities, in accordance with CRS and donor regulations.
- Support the project activities’ information management and coordinate with project teams in Gaza and in West Bank to ensure project documentations are completed, submitted and stored/archived timely as per the established system and requirements.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field, required
- Minimum three (3) years of NGO work experience, required
- Experience in collecting and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data, required
- Experience in database development/management, strongly preferred
- Experience working with partners and participating in community-engagement activities, required
- Proficiency using MS Windows, MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), and ICT4D systems, required; familiarity with CommCare and Power BI a plus.
- Additional experience in one or more of the following technical areas is an advantage: livelihoods, women’s empowerment, disability inclusion, or youth programming
- Observation, active listening, and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with diverse groups
- Good relationships management skills with ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Organized, proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented
Required/Desired Foreign Language: Strong written and oral English and Arabic required.
Travel Required: Travel in Gaza required regularly. Project or country level meeting outside of Gaza anticipated on occasion (5%).
Key Working Relationships:
Supervisory: None. Reports to MEAL Project Officer
Internal: Salalem Project team – including Program Manager, Project Officers, Field Officers in both Gaza and the West Bank – and operations staff (e.g. Admin, ICT, Procurement, Finance, Security).
External: Local partners, community members, beneficiaries, peers from other NGOs, etc.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics. CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or disability status.
Women, people with disabilities, and other underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply and to seek CRS support on the application process where additional accommodation is required.
المسمى الوظيفي MEAL Field Officer
آخر موعد للتقديم 31 - Dec - 2021
المكان قطاع غزة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 3 Years
التصنيف مجالات متنوعة
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة CRS - خدمات الاغاثة الكاثوليكية
SALALEM Mid-Term Evaluation Consultant
قطاع غزة, القدس, رام الله والب...
Small Business Consultant
رام الله والبيرة
Livelihoods Project Officer
Livelihoods Field Officer
Livelihood Field Officer
Field Officer (Livelihoods)
MEAL Project Officer