Job Title: MEAL Field Officer
Reports To: MEAL Project Officer
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS has been present in Jerusalem, West Bank, and Gaza (JWBG) since 1961 and currently supports programs in the sectors of humanitarian relief, livelihoods, civil society strengthening, and social justice promotion through its field offices in Jerusalem, Gaza, and Bethlehem.
Envision Gaza (EG) is implemented by CRS with funding from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to support families in Gaza become more resilient to everyday stresses and rebound more quickly from crises. EG helps communities build resilience and self-reliance through the expansion of employment opportunities and emergency assistance. The project will distribute cash and voucher assistance to help vulnerable households cover their basic needs. Additionally, EG will identify employment opportunities across a number of livelihoods modalities including Cash-for-Work (CFW) for unskilled or low-skilled workers, Cash-For-Internship and Cash-for-Apprenticeship (CFI/A) for skilled university or vocational graduates and small capital grants for business owners to rebuild or grow their businesses following crises.
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) Field Officer (FO) will assist project implementation by working directly with local partners, community members, and other CRS staff to coordinate monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning activities and events in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work to serve the poor and vulnerable. The successful candidate will have a thorough and service-oriented approach to project implementation which ensures that communities feed into and benefit from a project that consistently applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of the project for the people we serve.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Support the monitoring and evaluation of project activities at the field level, ensuring that monitoring schedules are met as per the detailed activity plan, and that adherence to systems for quality project implementation are strengthened.
- Coordinate communication and facilitate information sharing among the project team, implementing partners, and project beneficiaries at the community level to assist local partners in strengthening their monitoring systems and accountability to beneficiaries and communities.
- In coordination with the project team support capacity building events for partner staff and community representatives.
- Compile data provided at the community level as per project requirements and contribute to the preparation of reports.
- Support the development of data collection and analysis tools, including the design of these tools in ICT4D systems.
- Oversee data collection by partner staff, and support the training of partner staff in data collection tools and appropriate monitoring methods.
- Contribute to project learning by preparing data for quarterly and annual reflection events and supporting learning to action discussions and after-action reviews.
- Support community sensitization efforts to increase awareness and use of CRS’ feedback and complaint response mechanism (FCRM), and ensure that feedback is being handled appropriately and sensitively by CRS and partner staff in compliance with the CRS Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct and Ethics.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field, required
- Minimum two (2) years of NGO work experience, required
- Demonstrated experience in MEAL required; familiarity with CommCare and Power BI preferred
- Experience working with partners and participating in community-engagement activities, required
- Proficiency using MS Windows, MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), and ICT4D systems, required
Required Languages – Strong written and oral English and Arabic required
Travel - Travel in Gaza required regularly. Project or country level travel anticipated on occasion (10%) e.g. to Jerusalem.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with diverse groups
- Good relationships management skills with ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: none
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Reports to MEAL Project Officer. Other internal working relationships will include the EG team (including Chief of Party, Project Managers, and livelihoods and emergency response Project and Field Officers. This position will also work closely with MEAL and ICT4D staff across the Country Program, including the MEAL Manager and IT Manager, as well as with operations staff including Admin, Procurement, Finance, and Security.
External: Serves as a key point of contact for MEAL-related activities, supporting the CRS MEAL project Officer, for project activities in Gaza. Key relationships include local implementing partners, community members, beneficiaries, peers from other NGOs, etc.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
By applying to this job, you understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, you understand that if you are a successful candidate, you will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and your personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate your behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics. CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or disability status.
Women, people with disabilities, and other underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply and to seek CRS support on the application process where additional accommodation is required.
المسمى الوظيفي MEAL Field Officer
آخر موعد للتقديم 20 - Sep - 2021
المكان قطاع غزة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 2 Years
التصنيف الإدارة والأعمال
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة CRS - خدمات الاغاثة الكاثوليكية
مسؤول تعبئة مجتمعية
الخليل, بيت لحم
Organizational Capacity Strengthening Consultant
القدس, رام الله والبيرة, الخلي...
Project Officer – Salalem
Field Officer – Salalem
Data & Information Management Field Officer
Resilience Field Officer
SALALEM Mid-Term Evaluation Consultant
قطاع غزة, القدس, رام الله والب...
Small Business Consultant