Position Title: MEAL Assistant
Period: 3 months
Starting date: As soon as possible
PARC is a national developmental organization that strives to develop the agricultural sector, strengthen the resilience of farmers, reach out to the poor and marginalized groups and their CBO’s, mobilize and develop the capabilities of rural people to enable them to control their resources, through the work of a distinguished professional teams and a loyal volunteer. This has been accomplished through creative programs and transparent management and through technical practices to contribute to the establishment of a free and democratic Palestinian society with the values of social justice.
Job purpose summary:
The MEAL assistant role is to provide support to the implementation of the PARC projects and activities in Gaza. Under the direct supervision of the Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning Officer, the MEAL Assistant will monitor progress and evaluate the effectiveness of planned interventions for the GOAL Programme. The MEAL Assistant will assist with baseline assessments, field data collection, support with data entry, analysis and reporting.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly
Main Tasks and Duties:
- Assist the MEAL Team in implementing monitoring and evaluation activities for the field programme.
- Travel to all areas of work and conduct field-level data collection and analysis using different techniques including household surveys, market assessments, focus group discussions and key informant interviews.
- Ensure that the Community Feedback Mechanism is in place and working.
- Compile, sort and analyse the information from field visits.
- Improve Monitoring and Evaluations department processes and procedures including data collection, data entry into databases, data filing, analysis and report writing.
- Maintain up to date databases and records on beneficiaries and activity delivery to ensure timely and easy access by programme teams for activity delivery.
- Conduct data entry, cleaning and analysis into programme databases under the guidance of the MEAL officer.
- Provide regular reports and data to the MEAL Officer as well as programme teams to help in activity delivery.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to GOAL and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Other duties as assigned.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications, Requirements, and Competences:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, statistics, social sciences, engineering or related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in MEAL related work.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English and Arabic
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills
- Computer proficiency, particularly with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience in using computer programmes to collect data and the ability to document and share assessment and monitoring results.
- Previous experience in planning, collecting, entering, analysing and managing data
- Good personal organizational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Willingness to travel to the field and work in challenging environments from time to time.
- Ability to work within a multicultural setting.
Only applicants who have the required qualities, experience, and skills will be considered. Interested applicants must include (a) A resume (in English) and (b) a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position (in English)
Please submit your application by e- mail to www.pal-arc.org/jobs to the attention of the HR Department no later than 03, July 2021 and include the job title (MEAL Assistant) in the subject line and cover letter.
Applications received after this date or that do not meet the qualifications above will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.