Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
The “Risk Management office” supports all projects of the German state development cooperation (GIZ, KfW, PTB) and full fills tasks to support the delivery capability and the best possible guarantee of personal security of its clientele. The RMO provide services in three fields of action: (1) information and advice, (2) fleet management and coordination of missions, and (3) crisis prevention and management.
In order to achieve our mission, we are looking for a full-time (100%) position
“Mapping and GIS Analyst”
Tasks and Functions include but are not limited to:
GIS Analyst Responsibilities
- Analysing spatial data through the use of mapping software.
- Discovering patterns and trends through spatial mapping of data.
- Designing digital maps with geographic data and other data sources.
- Creating "shapefiles" to merge topographical data with external data by layering external data over a topographical map.
- Producing maps showing the spatial distribution of various kinds of data, including crime statistics and hospital locations.
- Developing mapping applications and tools.
- Converting physical maps into a digital form for computer usage.
- Performing data munging and cleaning to convert data into its desired form.
- Produce reports on geographic data utilizing data visualizations.
- Managing a digital library of geographic maps in various file types.
- Monitoring of monthly movement restrictions affecting the GIZ-Palestine operations.
- Capturing of daily security incidents into RMO database.
- Drafting of monthly statistics data and graphs with monthly security overview.
- As part of the SRMA-Analysts team responsible for drafting the analysis and forecast for Palestine. Including the generating of factors and indicators and drafting of reports.
- To support and enable the effective and timely response to all security-related threats and other emergencies.
- To ensure effective risk mitigation through the establishment of a coordinated security threat and risk assessment mechanism within the framework of a common, system-wide methodology.
- Support the development of high-quality, best-practise security policies, standards and operational procedures for GIZ/KfW, including the appropriate degree of standardization.
- To support implementation and monitor compliance with those security policies, standards and operational procedures.
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Degree in computer science, geography, surveying, engineering or related field.
- Experience with mapping tools such as QGIS, Google maps/my maps, Google earth)
- Experience with GPS measuring tools.
- Outstanding quantitative skill set.
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving skills.
- Analytical mindset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Professional experience
- At least 1-year professional experience or master’s degree in Geography, Urban or Rural planning/design, working with International NGO is an asset.
- Other knowledge, additional competences
- Fluent in English and Arabic.
- Strong computer skills, particularly in MS Office application (e.g. word, excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work under stressful conditions, self-initiator, flexible and able to work with people of different backgrounds, service oriented, friendly personality, well organized and motivated.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed.
- Be able to work over hours and weekends if necessary, be available for standby duty on a regular basis.
Assignment: ASAP. 12 months contract with possible extension.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes the attached applicant information form, the CV and cover letter, no later than 4th of June 2021 at latest by 16:00 PM.
Kindly state in the email subject “Mapping and GIS Analyst”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Attachment GIZ applicant information form