CONTEXT AND BACKGROUND
Founded in 1992, Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a non-governmental organization for international solidarity with a social and humanitarian mission With a presence in Asia, the Middle East, Africa and Europe, Secours Islamique France assists the peoples through its emergency aid, development and orphan sponsorship programs in over 30 countries wherever humanitarian and social needs exist, without regard to race, religion or gender.
SIF Gaza Strip Palestine Mission was established in 2008, and since then, the Mission has developed a comprehensive knowledge of the local context and understanding of local needs. SIF Gaza Strip Palestine is a member of the Food Security, WASH, Education, Child Protection, Health & Nutrition and Shelter/NFIs clusters since many years and plays an active role in most of clusters’ meetings. SIF Gaza Strip Palestine also works in coordination with many local and international and humanitarian organizations and local NGOs in Gaza Strip to assess, share information and coordinate projects implementation with The Palestinian Authority (PA) to obtain authorizations.
ROLE IN THE ORGANIZATION
The Monitoring & Evaluation Manager (M&E Manager) is under the MEAL& Programs Coordinator, and is responsible for carrying out and developing monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning activities in the organization. S/he will manage a M&E Assistant and work in close cooperation with SIF programmes teams consisting of food security and livelihoods, WASH, shelter, protection and seasonal and emergencies.
The M&E Manager will be responsible for the following duties
- Ensure data are collected from projects and partner activities in timely, reliable, valid, and precise manner.
- Support programmes in data collection, analysis and reporting, and identify areas for improvement.
- Analyze data for indicators and beneficiary data
- Develop M&E Standard Operation Procedures and train staff on them.
- Ensure project quality and accountability through field visits, providing support to programme team and developing appropriate tools and mechanisms to enhance quality delivery of projects.
- Lead project specific assessments (baseline, end line) and a multi-sectorial needs assessment and support in beneficiary selection process.
- Contribute to the development of M&E tools including data collection instruments in order to operationalize performance indicators, .
- Contribute to the development of monthly, quarterly, annual and donor reports.
- Lead and/or facilitate internal and external project evaluations, and learning exercises.
- Responsible for Mission M&E capacity building plan and Conduct internal trainings on M&E for staff, management and partners.
- Ensure all information is centrally held, accurate and available including that held in databases and guide and support the development of appropriate data management systems.
- Support internal improvement processes (theory of changes, Log Frames and strategies) .
- Report projects activities and achievements to line supervisor.
- Participate in other M&E and communications initiatives as needed.
- Perform any other duties related as may be assigned.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
- A Bachelor degree from an accredited university or its equivalent in business administration or related fields and equivalent work experience;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience relevant to monitoring and evaluation work and experience;
- Experience in project’s proposal & report writings; planning; implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in developing links with NGOs; INGOs, government agencies & other stakeholders;
- Ability to build, manage and motivate teams and individuals to achieve set objectives and targets;
- Experience in and commitment to participatory management and maintaining a supportive, open environment to ensure the transferring of knowledge & development of all staff.
- Excellent written and spoken English (essential);
- Excellent communication skills and flexibility;
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, internet and e-mail);
- Ability to travel frequently and under the particular travel requirements of the assignment.
Taking initiative, capacity to prioritize, networking and partnership development, sense of responsibilities and coordination skills, good interpersonal skills, patient and ready to listen to people, open-minded and collective approach and strong humanitarian motivation.
- Location: Gaza Strip
- Duration: 1 year.
- M & E Manager : (Ref #: 2018/02/MEM/1)
Interested candidates are requested to send the followings:
- Their CV.
- Letter of Motivation with the Ref # of the post (as indicated above).
- Two professional references for the last two employers with their contacts’ information.
All above documents should be sent not later than 02:00 p.m. on 16th Sep. 2018 to the following e-mail address:
Faxed CV’s or emails without the Post Title & Ref # will be neglected. Only candidates possessing relevant experiences will be considered.
Secours Islamique France is an equal opportunity employer