M & E Assistant
CONTEXT AND BACKGROUND
Founded in 1992, Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a non-governmental organization for international solidarity with a social and humanitarian mission With a presence in Asia, the Middle East, Africa and Europe, Secours Islamique France assists the peoples through its emergency aid, development and orphan sponsorship programs in over 30 countries wherever humanitarian and social needs exist, without regard to race, religion or gender.
SIF Gaza Strip Palestine Mission was established in 2008, and since then, the Mission has developed a comprehensive knowledge of the local context and understanding of local needs. SIF Gaza Strip Palestine is a member of the Food Security, WASH, Education, Child Protection, Health & Nutrition and Shelter/NFIs clusters since many years and plays an active role in most of clusters’ meetings. SIF Gaza Strip Palestine also works in coordination with many local and international and humanitarian organizations and local NGOs in Gaza Strip to assess, share information and coordinate projects implementation with The Palestinian Authority (PA) to obtain authorizations.
ROLE IN THE ORGANIZATION
The M & E Assistant is under the M & E Manager, s/he will be responsible for the following:-
- Support the tools development for baseline/end line for all project’s indictors (This will be after indicator definition development at M&E/PM management level, and within follow up and direct responsibility of M&E manager);
- Develop and support data management of partners and selection data base for beneficiaries within SIF;
- Follow up and collect MoVs (Hard copies and Soft copies) on regular basis;
- Promptly communicate the status for data collection/MoVs and challenges faced in data collection on a daily basis to M&E manager;
- Field visits during project life mainly at 3 stages (baseline data collection/selection of beneficiaries, during implementation, at project close);
- Support collecting and documenting case studies;
- Monitor and participate in outcome data collection at the end of the project through field or phone surveys, data entry, data cleaning and basic data analysis;
- Perform any other duties related as may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
- A Bachelor degree from an accredited university or its equivalent in business administration, Statistics, IT or related fields and equivalent work experience;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a humanitarian context with at least 1 year in Monitoring & Evaluation with knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation
- Experience with surveys, studies, data entry, management and analysis is a must.
- Good experience in report writings;
- Very good written and spoken English;
- Excellent & effective communication skills with people of all ages, genders, education levels, and backgrounds;
- Excellent computer skills (MS tools e.g.: Excel, Access, power point or similar).
Humble and flexible, force proposal and initiative, capacity to prioritize, networking and partnership development, sense of responsibilities and coordination skills, good interpersonal skills, patient and ready to listen to people, open-minded and collective approach and strong humanitarian motivation.
- Location: Gaza Strip
- Duration: to 31.12.2018 (renewable)
- Starting Date: As Soon As Possible
- M & E Assistant: (Ref #: 2018/08/MEM)
Interested candidates are requested to send the followings:
- Their CV.
- Letter of Motivation with the Ref # of the post (as indicated above).
- Two professional references for their last two employers with their contacts’ information.
All above documents should be sent not later than 02:00 p.m. on 27th June 2018 to the following e-mail address:
Faxed CV’s or emails without the Post Title & Ref # will be neglected. Only candidates possessing relevant experiences will be considered.
Secours Islamique France is an equal opportunity employer